I feel i have been done wrong by TMR..

The story I'm about to tell does not reflect in anyway any purposely wrongdoing by TMR.
I have dealt with TMR in the past and although there was a glitch, they went out of their way to rectify it and all ended well; so, I know they are good guys that practice good business. However, the other day I purchased, and by purchase, I mean moved into a cart and then pressed the pay button for a pair of Gallo speakers. To my surprise I received an SMS saying my card was charged on the one hand, and at the same time I've received a Message that the speakers have already been sold to someone else. This is the short end of the story; the full story ‏shows up a few posts below. I admit at first I've been very upset and I started this post in a different way, it parked a lot of reaction, most of it in favor of TMR which I find to be great, but the real question I want to ask and this is regardless of if it happened with TMR or with any other venue, is,  how can it be that once you move any product into a cart and press the pay button within a few moments the product can be sold simultaneously to another buyer? isn't there any smarter way to prevent such an incident which is obviously going to leave one of the customers disappointed and upset?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xthesound
TMR has been great for me, multiple purchases.  Someone who claims to have problems, but doesn't say what they are... not so much.
I really dislike posts like this without any specifics and it just comes across to me as a way to slam someone’s business
Okay EBM, here is my experience with TMR .My first experience with TMR was as follows:
 I purchased a Metronome CD player.  it was supposed to be a 220 volt unit and they had it sent to me in Europe. when the unit arrived, indeed it said to 220v on the back of the unit, so with no further hesitation I plugged it into the AC and the unit started having a burning smell, and did not work. It turns out this unit was originally 220v, but was converted to 110v by whoever sold it to TMR.  in the ad it said the unit was tested and works flawlessly!!! that probably wasn't the case
... if they have checked it they would have known that the unit says 220 but it's actually a 110 unit. Needless to say I was disappointed... in all fairness I will say that TMR was willing to do almost anything in order not to ruin their perfect score on Audiogon, so they had refunded me a full refund for the unit and paid to ship it back... I still lost some money since I did pay VAT & custom taxes that was too damn complicated to get back from the government.
 it's obvious that their intention was good and I'm pretty sure nothing was done on purpose,  yet if they have checked the unit as they declared in the ad, they would have known that they are sending me a 110v unit and not a 220v unit as advertised... needless to say I was disappointed....
 Second experience;
I went shopping online three nights ago and I saw a pair of beautiful first generation Gallo loudspeakers, I immediately decided to purchase them without any argument over price or anything else... I moved them do the shopping carts and I went to check out... during the checkout my PayPal account was charged for the amount of the loudspeakers but not for the amount of shipping... much later the following day I've noticed an email, the email was from TMR automatic response saying the transaction was not complete and that I should press the link to complete the transaction... I did so immediately and found out that they are trying to recharge me for the entire deal including local sales tax and shipping ... since I wasn't sure what to do because a I already paid for the speakers and I wasn't sure why the sales tax... I tried reaching out to them over the weekend but there was no response because they don't work on the weekend and that in itself is not okay; if TMR runs multiple ads on multiple venues 24/7 365 days a year they should really have someone for emergencies like this to respond to, even over the weekend!!! come Monday morning I wanted to resolve the issue and complete the purchase but to my surprise they have already sold the pair of speakers to someone else claiming they advertised on several venues and therefore they double sold it, or something like that. They did Apologize but that does not make me any happier, I think that once I've clicked that button purchasing The Gallos, they should have been mine and any issues could be straightened Monday. If someone was on duty during the weekends for issues exactly like this , it would be resolved and the speakers eould be mine. So as I said I'm not very happy with the way they've conducted this business ,I'm very disappointed that I didn't get the speakers although I followed all the rules and regulation to make them mine.
 Now that you know my story you can post your opinion and don't get me wrong : I'm not looking for everyone to take my side, on the contrary, maybe I'm on the wrong side of things and maybe my expectations we're too high and therefore my disappointment is not in place...
 thanks for reading
People make mistakes. It’s what is done about it to make it right that matters.

Just saying. Sometimes, things happen. Buying and selling expensive used hifi gear as a business can’t be easy, but I am glad there are some apparently reputable companies out there doing it.

Seems to me buying expensive used gear from a reputable professional who is in the business is lower risk than buying direct from total strangers. Its all relative. Nothing's perfect.
"I think that once I've clicked that button purchasing The Gallos, they should have been mine"

How can you be certain the buyer did not purchase the Gallos before you? Did TMR tell you that you were the first to purchase/pay?