Cartridge reliability

Not having purchased a cartridge in at least 15 years, and probably more, I’m curious what has been your recent experience with cartridge reliability. Any cartridge failures? Significant channel imbalance? Loss of a channel? Suspension collapse? Etc. My focus is on moving coil cartridges.

I’m trying to get an idea of which manufacturers are tops in terms of reliability/QC and which have a thing or two to yet learn. I’m asking as my cartridge, though still sounding quite nice, surely can’t last forever. 
For instance, I’ve read about some albeit quite rare problems with Lyra, but I can’t recall ever hearing about any Dynavector issues. I have heard of some issues with Goldring 

your own user experience is appreciated!

thanks! 
128x128zavato
What MC said. If you are local to Soundsmith, Peter is your BEST BET, bar none.
I have 18 ADC carts, 1963-1983, still tip top. 

1962 Empire 880P. Perfect.

1958 and 1960 GE carts. Perfect.

1963-2001 15 Shure carts.  Perfect.

Ortofon? 2 bad ones last 5 years. 4 bad AT styli.

wolfie, I think it is your ears not the cartridges. 
Soundsmith is not his best bet if he does not like the cartridges. He is obviously quite aware he lives near them and Peter Ledermann is not a god. Joe Grado was a god. Edgar Villchur was a god. 
If the cartridge has a warranty and you are dealing with a good dealer you have nothing to worry about. If a cartridge is defective is some way it will manifest very quickly. In the case of the missing stylus it took 4 months. If nothing happens in a year nothing is going to happen unless the cartridge was damaged in some way. Match the cartridge to your arm and get the one you like. Dynavector makes a great cartridge if you have an arm on the heavy side. 
Indeed- I’ve known for quite some time that Peekskill was not far away- as is a dealers that I’ve been doing business with for 30 years and whom I implicitly trust. Thus proximity to Peekskill is not a determining factor for me. It’s just a potential convenience 
Personally, I would value proxmity to Soundsmith pretty high.  It would able me to hear all levels and properly choose.  Everyone has different values....I think Soundsmith cartridges are extremely good..especially the top of the range