Power Conditioning / Surge Protection

I am looking for some advice on power conditioning and surge protection.  I have a dedicated circuit for my two channel system with eight outlets. Years ago I was talked into buying a couple of Richard Gray Power Stations which I still have in the system. Because of the logistics of my system they have served as additional outlets when power cords weren’t long enough but honestly I don’t know a damn thing about power conditioning or surge protection and whether I’m doing harm or good to my system.  I have a turntable, phono stage, music server, streamer, CD player, integrated amp and dual powered subs so I have a lot of need for power. I’m interested in protecting my equipment but I don’t want to muddy things up either. I’m willing to scrap the Richard Grays and either replace them with something else if there are better options.

I would greatly appreciate any advice from those who know about these things. I’m very happy with my equipment but feel the power issue is lacking or, at best, not well thought out. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xpuppyt
I am talking about noise and distortion because that is what we hear. The lower the resistance the bigger those spikes are, the bigger the harmonics of the AC and the bigger potential for THD due to AC harmonics.

We don’t hear power loss.

Those spikes are also only at 100/120 Hz so no "benefit" to frequencies above that.

Unless the amp is voltage clipping you have not made a good argument for true loss of dynamics though the loss would not be much different than line voltage variation. That resistance limits the peak current but extends the charge time so I your 10A example the peak may drop to say 5A but charge time increases and the voltage drop becomes small overall.
@audio2design - Garth Powell (Audioquest) talks about current compression in power amps and its effect on sound in his "Power Demystified" article (link above), an excerpt of which is presented below....

There is an additional problem: In order to cover enough range, a passive filter will require some inductance (the “L” in LCR), which will raise the AC impedance somewhat and create a phase lag for power current transients. This is of no consequence to video, computer, or source audio components, as they utilize low-amperage constantcurrent circuits. However, this can severely current compress a power amplifier as its power supply draws down to supply an audio transient, while the power amplifier itself requires a large influx of current to its power supply to maintain low-distortion operation. To get around this issue, many passive AC power filter/conditioners will isolate the circuits that utilize any series inductance for source components only. The circuit without series inductance is set aside for the “High Current” power amplifier outlets. If a power amplifier experiences current compression, the sound that results from an audio system can be described as thin, anemic, muddy, and slow, while the soundstage tends to collapse or pull with frequency during dense or modulated passages.
+1   mike_in_nc .... my friend bought Power Plant P600 Power Regenerator and  was very disappointed how it affects the SQ of his system. First I thought maybe it warming up issue or he just too used to previous setup, but when I visited him after couple of weeks and tried different setups it’s was obvious for me too that this power unit has negative effect.