Your favorite 'concept' album

I'm not a concept album fan, however there are a few I've gone down the rabbit hole with. My personal fave, is '10,000 Years' by The Honeydogs. The backstory & lyrics are so vivid, and futuristic, it never fails to reveal something new to me. Even the bandleader said at times he's not sure what it's about.

Fascinating info & interview in the url. Check it out! 

Any others? 
128x128zufan
@pgaulke, I would say a concept album is one that carries a consistent theme from beginning to end, like Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys (another all-time concept album) develops several themes around innocence and the loss of it – the innocence of youth, post-war America, American family life, lost love. By the end, the theme of the concept has been developed sufficiently so that the way you look at it is not the same as when the album started, for example, "Caroline, No" in the Beach Boys example. 

10 Yes - Close to the Edge

9 Alan Parsons - Tales of Mystery and Imagination

8 McD & Giles - McDonald and Giles

7 Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord

6 Sting - Soul Cages

5 Alan Parsons - Air

4 Supertramp - Crime of the Century

3 Sting - Mercury Falling

2 Pink Floyd - Animals

1 Eagles - Desperado

Tim

No mention yet of one of my favorites: Elton John “Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy”
I forgot to mention the truly excellent Blue Sky Mining by Midnight Oil. A very special and moving work.