Equipment purchase that made you want to get off the Merry Go Round (good or Bad)

So, I just auditioned another pair of speakers after reading the reviews and getting caught up in the hype. 
I won't name any specifics since I'd rather not start that type of debate.
Anyway, I was excited to get them but once I hooked them up ran them for a week my impression of the sound was these aren't for me. Nothing new here we have all done this a some point in our quest for great audio. 
However this time I had the strong feeling that I am staying put for a long while unless something breaks. 

Have you ever reach the conclusion that you are done for a while either because you maybe found the missing puzzle and achieved the sound you are looking for or in my case over-reached and bought something you didn't need falling prey to the hype of reviews,  
dougsat
Yep.  When I bought my Silverline Bolero speakers I closed the book on that pursuit.  Left some otherwise fine speakers in the dust. :-)
"I am staying put for a long while unless something breaks."

Welcome to the club. I've been on the wagon for many years now.  Just replace  one consumable item-phono cartridge from wear or  unexpected disaster.

I just need 2 things- a working turntable and a good FM tuner. Seeing and hearing  nice unaffordable gear at stores/shows is enough.

Tannoy Canterbury’s.....ended my pursuit and desire for any other speakers out there!!!

Electronics: Accuphase E-650 and EMM Labs DA2 (DAC) 
Post removed