Stylus stuck in groove

Has anybody come up with a technique for dealing with the annoyance of a stylus stuck in a groove, even on an immaculately clean record?  I used to in my “yute” examine the record under a light and pick the offending speck out with a toothpick.  My eyes aren’t that good anymore.  I try washing or even soaking the offending record using the VIP cleaning machine mostly to no avail.  How does it even happen?
One day the disc is perfectly clean and next the sticking occurs.
 It’s a mystery.
128x128rvpiano
You need a diamond cutters pair of spectacles.. I had a pair from WAY back... They had small heads back in the 1800, I guess. I had to modify them to work for my head... I looked like a BORG....

Sure can see the problem though, and if your gentle handed enough, fix it..... slaw hit the nail on the head, it’s a chunk of shi$. CLEAN IT..

The eye wear is just for fun... But you would be amazed how dirty and clean you can get your vinyl. I use simple dishwashing solution a detergent, like joy, ajax (no abrasive material) warm water, and a bubbler.
Fish tank pump, some soaker 1/4" line, and a plastic container. Fill it, keep it warm with a heating pad, and bubble away for as long as it takes...  Different PH will loosen different materials too. a little PH up (vinegar) or down, powdered baking powder.  Distilled water for the final, 3 bath clean up...
I can do 30 records in 2 days.. You have to rotated the records, and wipe what you’ve done... BUT, I’ve brought back over 300 lps from a total go under water in the basement episode, 20 years ago... That's baked in buddy... Still have 400 or more to go...

CLEAN it......Clean it good..... Whip it , Whip it good.... "Just came over me", NO I WON’T apologize... :-)

Regards
!= cd318 If you watch where it is skipping you can usually find the culprit and scrape it off with a fingernail. Something falls on the record and you put it back in the cover, then into the collection where it sits under slight pressure for years until you play it again. Stuck good. 
If you let it skip too long the stylus will wear a door into the last groove and the skip will be permanent. I do have very strong loops but I never seem to need them for this. 
@mijostyn,

I wondered whether the OP might have some loose plaster or paint directly above his turntable. Not always easy to see on a high ceiling.

Assuming that he’s using it without any lid.

The bit about the vinyl being ok one day and not the next is indeed strange.

Could the sleeves be responsible in some way? Vinyl inner sleeves always did seem to vary quite a bit in quality.

I’ve even seen some bad plastic ones for CD audiobooks, where it’s almost impossible to remove and return discs without a fair bit of unnecessary friction.