Amazon Ships Records in Plastic Now

Used to be that they would ship albums in an Amazon box or sometimes even a proper record mailer. The box wasn't a good fit, but it provided protection.  Now, they ship in plastic.  Both of my albums seemed to arrive okay, although I haven't had the chance to play them yet - visually they look fine. The Prime is convenient, but this does it for me - I'm not buying any more albums from Amazon. 
128x128rdk777
Just say no.  Support local record stores.  Even if they're in another state.  Many of them offer shipping and many are on Discogs.
Amazon, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, TWITTER are all current examples of arrogance and greed on the part of the people in charge of these companies.  Such conduct is the reason why we have anti monopoly laws.  They will get more arrogant before they are controlled because they can not control themselves.
“Amazon Ships Records in Plastic Now”

Amazon gives you an option to use Amazon (box) packaging if you don’t want clear plastic wrap. I just ordered few LP’s and got following packaging option during checkout, 
“Item arrives in packaging that shows what’s inside. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon packaging”
@lalitk - good to know re the options.

Haha - one of my reviews where I called out Amazon did not make it.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
Amazon Community Guidelines

from xxxxx on October 31, 2020
Came in a Plastic Bag
Enough said. Amazon shipped this record in a plastic bag.
Amazon usually packs records in an oversized bow with balloons. The record slides around in there damaging the corners of the cover.
Elusive disc uses special cardboard record mailers. I have never gotten a damaged disc from them. 
I only order records from Amazon when I have no choice and keep my fingers crossed. You can always return damaged records free of charge.
If you are a good Amazon customer you usually do well by them. 
The plastic wrap was probably a newbie with no one watching.