As much as I try, I just don't get it........

A few YouTubers are always making changes to their systems, and having their audience listen ( I imagine you all know the few posters I am speaking about ). The show reviewers are posting some audio samples, and having their audience listen. I can go on and on. Honestly, however I try, I cannot determine what the big deal is, as these videos, with the " audio presentations ", are weak, poor, and tell me nothing. I listen to a lot of YT videos of my favorite artists, videos from some of my favorite recordings, some studio and some live, and many sound quite good.....but nothing from these others I speak about, do anything for me. This is why I admire Steve, at his Audiophiliac channel, Sean at his Zero Fidelity channel, and Paul McGowan at his Ask Paul ( from PS Audio ) channel ( and others ), who speak, and know, listening in this context, is useless. Am I alone in this finding ? Does anyone actually feel listening to some of these posters, with their " audio presentations ", get the impact, or " lack of ", of what they are hearing ? I am in no way demeaning these folks, but my audio and listening background, does not allow me to make good judgements in this way, unless I am in the actual room of the demo. Enjoy, be well and stay safe. Always, MrD.
mrdecibel
Great point, miller, in your last post.

I was trying a new power cord, but wasn't sure where I
wanted to place it.  In the end, it "didn't cut it."
But in the process, I switched the positions of the
pc to the amp with the one to the cdp (different manufacturers). 
That did the trick!  Just through a willingness to satisfy my curiosity,
"what would happen if..."
The most important item to audition prior to buying is the loudspeaker. If they work tolerable well in the store you should be able to get them to work even better at home where you have control over the acoustics. Unless you are lucky and have a store that will allow you to audition equipment at home you generally stick to what has worked for you in the past. Then there is the reputation of the equipment. There are pieces that stand above the rest. In many cases you go on reputation alone because there is no way for you to audition the piece even in a store. I bought my JC-1's that way and happily I am thrilled by them. They are the first amps I have owned that handily surpassed my old Krell KMA 100's. Then sometimes there is the old educated guess with which I have had many failures and a few successes.