Another Bass discussion...

One thing I’ve never understood is how some audiophiles can go straight 2 channel set ups without a sub. Even floorstanders can’t get way down there in the frequency range. I’m almost Certain that I’ve got my subs too loud for proper bass integration. I don’t care tho. I like to feel the bass. Literally feel it when a kick drum is hit. I don’t need it to shake my teeth loose but I like to feel the low bass notes even though I know many people think it’s incorrect and/or too loud. At a concert I feel the bass. Even watching friend’s bands practice I remember being able to feel the instruments when played. I want to feel the bass when I listen to my stereo. 🤷🏻‍♂️ So sue me. That’s all. 
paulgardner
For a reference, the lowest note the standard 4-string bass (electric and acoustic) plays---the E string played "open"---is located at 41Hz. The fifth string on a 5-string (played open is a B note) makes a 31Hz wave. Some electronic keyboards play that low, and the mighty pipe organs with 32ft. pipes create a 16Hz wave. The resonant frequencies of large venues (such as cathedrals and concert halls) are also very, very low. You can hear the sound of those large spaces in well recorded Classical works if your speakers/subs play that low.
No thing wrong with a bit hot ... artistic license ... could even improve an
effect ... also more subs has a similar effect similar to equalization and smoothing any size room.
@bdp24, all that is true. Very few speakers make it to even 40 Hz gracefully. Most are already down 3-6 db by then and rolling off fast.
There are electronic instruments that play very low and as you mention the mighty pipe organs, what fun! To get the proper feeling I run 5 dB hot at 20 Hz. Something you could never due without subwoofers. 
@paulgardner@ In a smaller room you can get away with smaller subs if they are properly designed. Check out Audio Kinesis 's system.