All New Magico A5 Loudspeakers // Biggest "BANG" For Your BUCK On The Market ?!

Some are saying these A5's are Giant Killers ! 
As GOOD as the M Series ?... 
Sound Stage Review coming Soon ! 
 Not connected with Magico in any way

https://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/blogging-on-audio/201-howard-kneller/904-first-look-and-listen-magicos-new-a5-loudspeaker

highend666
Hi @daveyf,
I know nothing about Magico’s impedance curve, but generally I think the answer to that question is most audiophiles get turned on by hard to drive speakers for two reasons:

1 - The myth that a speaker that can make the the difference between two amps current capabilities apparent also means the speaker is more resolving of music. It isn’t.

2 - Bragging rights.

To be fair, it really is hard to get enough bass and sensitivity out of your average 2.5 way speaker without a low impedance point, so I can understand how some speaker designs just naturally push this requirement, but I also see some manufacturers who go this route and then discover it’s a selling point.

Best,
E
Apologies accepted.  You could have heard the Magico M2, S3MkII,
A1, A3, Q5, Q7 or the S1MkII here at Brooks Berdan.  We never have displayed the S5 however.  

By the way Mark Levinson gear pairs very well with Magico.  I would like to invite anyone interested to please come into the store for a listen.

Rick
@mheinze Please explain how me hearing the A5 will change its requirement for a monster power amp upstream???

I have heard the A3, nothing special at all IMHO.
The A5 may very well be a totally different sounding speaker, I sure hope it is, but the fact remains that if one has to buy a huge monster amp to drive it, how great is that??

I have an a’phile friend who went out and spent a lot of money on a nice three way metal speaker ( brand not relevant) and thought he was going to get great sound with his 75 watt/ch tube amp ( no problemo says his dealer!)..only to find that in order to drive his new speaker, he had to a) buy a ss amp that could push 300+ watts/ch and do it into a brutal low impedance load and b) he had to spend roughly equivalent to what he spent on the speakers in order to accomplish this. Not a happy camper........
@daveyf
We are talking about the A5 here, a speaker you apparently know nothing about, yet you already assume it needs a "huge monster amp to drive it". I have heard the A5 with Octave tube integrated amplifier; it is 120W per channel, it was one of the best sound I ever heard (You, I am sure, will think that it is "nothing special").

Regardless, anyone who would spend that kind of money on a speaker should know what he is going to run it with.