Notice how many SACD collections for sale?

Does this say something about the state of the medium? Have you pondered throwing in the hi-rez towel?
128x128seasoned
Whoever the doubters are - you do realize that we are all dying a slow death as well. Last I check immortality is at 0%. Should we all lay in our coffins next to our SACD collection? Everything comes and goes, but it's here now and for many years to come, and yes you are still missing out.
So, here we are again..on yet another thread of SACD dying. Lets start a thread on how "audiophile" is dying. How people rant about formats rather than music - which is the jist of this hobby.
I don't know if SACD is dying or Blu-Ray is dying or Black-ray is in birth, etc. I like this format and will continue to support it at the forums I visit. On some recordings the SACD scares me with the realistic sounds it throws.

BTW, all the pessemists, what SACD player do you have? I am sure you guys have a universal player which is a jack-of-all and master-of-none. So you don't know how a SACD actually sounds.
YES!.....listen to SACD on the cary 306 sacd and you'll be begging for more releases
I just heard the Cary last night at an NJAS meeting, where Dennis Had spoke with us at length about it. It's quite an accomplishment. I still like my heavily modified Sony SCD 777ES at least as much, though I do want to hear them side by side, it will be an interesting comparison. When you hear DSD SACDs played back through a player that is up to the sonic level of the better redbook playback units, you can hear what the fuss is about (the same is true of 24/96 recordings as well). Sadly, the audiophile community, which really is the only one which should be clamoring for improvement in the digital standard, is not big enough to make a difference to the industry and in any case has mostly chosen to sit on the sidelines on this one. I fear an MP3-type future.