Frustrated McIntosh Owner

I’ve been a satisfied McIntosh separates owner for quite awhile. Two months ago, I got the bug to upgrade, so I decided to trade-in my MC462 stereo amp for MC611 monoblock amps. I reached out to my local authorized dealer that I’ve done business with for years, we worked out a deal and placed my order. He told me he expected he would have the monoblocks from McIntosh in about a month.  I called my dealer yesterday asking for an update and he’s now telling me that McIntosh won’t tell him when my order is shipping, let alone if they have been manufactured yet.  He even went so far as to inquire with his McIntosh regional rep.  I trust my dealer and know that Covid has stressed a lot of manufacturers, but the lack of communication from McIntosh to their dealers has got me concerned. Basically what I’m getting is, they will ship when they ship- it could be in 8 days or 8 more weeks, possibly longer.  Have any of you experienced any issues like this with McIntosh lately?  Is this a sign of any bigger issues with them?
gelfdaddy
It’s funny, The left arguing with the right, the right arguing with the left.
The only issue is the top 1/10 of one (1) % and the rest of us... That includes EVERYONE that logs on the AG. There are no exceptions

I have a funny feeling Bill Gates isn’t seeking our advise, or could care less if you’re on the left or the right.. BUT I’m sure he backs Mcintosh all the way. Just because it’s spelled different than Macintosh Computers.
Old joke, but once, quite true..

I bet he could buy Mcintosh, 100 times over, with the spare change in his pocket.

Left or Right... LOL It’s TOP or bottom...

Say where’s that Mac gear you ordered....

I’m in the que for a repair that’s taking a while...C2500, bias circuit.. local authorised repair shop, waiting on parts.. They say they can't guarantee the repair without using MAC parts.. LOL They have a part that will work (Quite well) BUT won't back their own work..
I told them the original circuit failed, is the new one different. answer NO..
Hmmm, why not use a different part, then.. Won't guarantee his own work..Struck me funny...
I want my stuff back.. :-)

Regards

@oldhvymec,

You are scaring me with the report on your C2500. I have had one for 3 years and love it.  I hope mine doesn’t suffer the same fate as yours.  
So @oldhvymec, after my last update where I had talked to McIntosh customer support about the status of my MC611’s, they showed up at my local AD 8 days later.  They must have sensed my waning patience...  Anyway, I’ve installed them and have been busy breaking them in.  I’m pleased with what I’m hearing thus far.  These mono blocks have taken my Maggie 3.7i’s to a new level.  The Maggie’s are power hungry and the 611’s have plenty to give. Best wishes with your C2500 repair- hopefully it won’t be too much longer.
stereo54,220 posts10-18-2020 11:53am@oldhvymec,

You are scaring me with the report on your C2500. I have had one for 3 years and love it. I hope mine doesn’t suffer the same fate as yours.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I've had Macs for 50 years, you made a GREAT choice..Really..

Here is the deal, that C2500, was in a cable drop incident, about a year ago. I did a lot of damage with that blunder. It blew the right channel monoblock (VTL 300) and the MC275 right channel.

The Pre amps works just perfect, for about a month. BAMB...

It lost a valve on the "MAIN" right rail. I replaced it and there was a notable volume difference. I got it back up and running with a pair of test 12ax7s, same.. It failed because of the cable drop, I have no doubt..
I took a very closely matched pair of valves, (dug out my 539) and still low volume.. Repair time....

They are a solid piece, don’t do cable drops.. "Oh man", expensive.. First time..in 50 years.. 15,000.00 if I just replaced.. I was one sick puppy...
THEN I had a heart attack.. LOL Gee whizz... ALL better now..

I have a MX120/121, MX110, C20, C11 in my que, I just love that C2500. I really do.. The C20 (Samra touch) will whip it good it a contest, but it is one of my favorite pieces of all time..Easy to use, and it’s a Mac... all the way.. OpAmps and all.. LOL

Regards