Audio envy - dang!

I usually post on AG when I have an issue or concern, so I’m happy for once it’s to praise a new product, in this case Audio Envy’s IC. 

I use an ARC Classic 60 amp with a Herron 1A preamp. The AE cable went between these two.

I run an ARC Phono pre PH3se from my VPI prime as source.
My speakers are Thiel CS2.4’s

Out of the box a bit bright, But after a few hours that just went to strait up transparent - I mean freaking crystal clear. No tonal aberrations. Smooth, with no etched highs. Voices sound right, Natural. Soundstage opened up, as you might expect when things get clearer.

The best part was how inexpensive they were. They made my Cardas Clear Light interconnects I was using sound clouded by contrast. The Cardas was about x3 the cost of the AE’s.
BTW, this wasn’t “I think I hear differences”, this was “I’ll never use those Cardas in this system again, and where is my IPad, I need to order my next set!”

And that’s just what I did.
last_lemming
"....I wouldn’t get too hung up on the wire gauge. I would encourage @turnbowm to try out AE cables. Audio Envy offers a 45 day return policy less the shipping fees."

A lot of speakers have low impedance in the bass region and it's been my experience that small gauge speaker wire has a detrimental effect on bass performance. This is elementary information that most all cable manufacturers provide and I'm surprised that Audio Envy doesn't spec it.

I became interested in AE cables because of all the hype, but there's too many pieces of the puzzle missing. Glad that you're enjoying yours.
“A lot of speakers have low impedance in the bass region and it’s been my experience that small gauge speaker wire has a detrimental effect on bass performance.”
@turnbowm,

Generalizations are often indicative of ignorance. If you’re serious about ascertaining if AE speaker cable would be a good match for your speakers then why not pick up the phone and speak to the designer?

I’ve had several conversations with the designer (Captain) and he has been spot on with his advise :-)

lalitk
2,081 posts10-11-2020 2:37pm

@turnbowm,

"Generalizations are often indicative of ignorance. If you’re serious about ascertaining if AE speaker cable would be a good match for your speakers then why not pick up the phone and speak to the designer?"

I’m taken back by your "ignorance" remark. For the record, I’m a degreed engineer (EE) with 30+ years of experience in the electronics industry and have been involved in audio equipment for even longer.

As for picking up the phone and talking to the designer, why bother when he wouldn’t even answer jayctoy’s question re. stranded or solid core cable construction.

Finally, the ferocity with which you defend AE and attack others who simply have a question about AE products makes me wonder about your relationship with the company.
^^^No financial stake in AE. Like many others here, just a happy customer who can’t help feeling ecstatic by high performance cables at a very reasonable price of admission.