What tube amp for Harbeth 40.1

I am looking for a tube amp for Harbeth 40.1.  I know many suggest SS amp such as Accuphase, Luxman, Hegel, McIntosh ... etc for Harbeth, but I decided to keep it with tube.  I also don’t think I need a lot of power.  I currently have a 8W custom built 300B and had a 18W Almarro 318B, and to me, they sound fine.  However, I think more power will help, and I never know what I missed until I try it out.  Having said that, I don’t think I need crazy power.  Anything 30-80W is good enough for me.  I am 3m away from the speakers, listen to Jazz at avg 83dB.

i have the following short list:
1) PrimaLuna Evo 400 integrated
2) Leben CS600X 
3) Linear Tube Audio Z40

Which one do people like with Harbeth?  Any other suggestion?

Among all qualities, I value holographic presentation the most.  I really like the feeling as if the singer is floating in front of me, if you know what I mean.  And my current 300B do pretty well in this regards, and I read this is what SET amps are good at.  Will I be disappointed with the above?
Thanks.
gte357s
Got to audition a VAC 170i integrated tube amp through a pair of Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary model speakers. Sounded sublime. So clean, warm, but accurate, crystal clear. Not a particularly colored amp, maybe just a little? I was very impressed by it. I'd have bought it in a heartbeat if I was looking for a tube amp. Gorgeous sounding amp.
For a tube amp I’d take a serious look at VAC. Wonderful sounding amps. I heard one (170i) through a pair of Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary speakers. A match made in heaven.
It all depends on the type of sound you prefer: softer, warmer, less dynamic sound, or crisp, clear, dynamic sound.

If you like the sound of the JBL’s you noted, you’re not going to get that with any Harbeth driven by a tube amp. The closest you may get is with a tube hybrid like the MA252 or MA352 - which is not really a tube amp.

In fact, it’s even hard to obtain that sound with any Harbeth driven by SS amps.

The JBL’s have a "studio monitor" sound - more like ATC’s, Ocean Way’s, Proac’s.

The closest Harbeths get to that type of sound is with powerful, neutral SS amps like Bryston, Benchmark, ATI... or Hegel.

I have the M30.1’s and the M40.2’s - and - I wanted the same sound as you, having heard the JBL 4700’s - both crystal clear clarity and dynamics, but with a holographic sound - which is difficult to attain with Harbeths. I tried ARC Ref 5SE and ARC Ref 150SE in combo, and didn’t get close to that sound.

I then got the Hegel H590 - and "voila" - I now have it... or... as close as I’m going to get with Harbeths, which have a bit of a sound like they’re covered with a warm blanket - heavy on the bass and mids, with less clarity in the upper mids and highs - until they’re awakened with a powerful, neutral amp. Until I got the H590, I was ready to sell the Harbeths and move on.

Even with the H590, they don’t quite have the holographic sound of Maggies, or quite the crystal clear clarity and dynamics of JBL’s... but... they do have much of that sound... and... with a very rich, musical sound a lot like a live performance. In some respects, the crystal clear clarity of studio monitors and JBL’s is too pure for the sound of a live performance - by design to meet the requirements of studio engineers. The Harbeths, driven properly, have more of a live performance sound.

But... if you must try tubes... I’d try the MA352 hybrid, or the Atma-sphere OTL M60’s with AutoFormers, or the Zotl LTA - but, almost anything in your price range will disappoint you - given your stated preferences. You might try the combination of a tube DAC (the MHDT), a tube preamp, and a powerful, neutral SS amp - like a Bryston, or Parasound Halo.

But... in the end... given your preferences... I’ll bet you end up with something like the Hegal H300, H360, H390, or H590 - which is what Alan Shaw of Harbeth prefers, suggests and shows his speakers with.

That is... if... you keep your Harbeths.

Given your preferences - if you want to try tubes, you might find you prefer the sound of the Proac D2's driven by the Line Magnetic 518i, or similar.  That combination is closer to what you describe you prefer, especially in an apartment or condo - unless you're prepared to drive the Harbeths with a powerful SS amp.
excellent comments bassdude!

i keep my harbeths, proacs and atc's for exactly that lovely contrast in presentation