If you could, what live performances would you enjoy re-living?

I have interest in hearing about yours.   I can think of some great concerts over the years in many great buildings, from Hancher in Iowa City, to Fisher Hall in New York, to some bars in Copenhagen. 

Something I have noticed....performers have times they are more "on" just like us, and it can make their concerts be perceived at different levels.   I know the three times I saw Jackson Browne, each was much different and most of that was his intent.  Having a good sized group with very talented back up singers to the time I saw him solo....all great, but very different.  He is a better guitar player than he may be given credit for. 

The live Jazz I have been to in NYC is near the top.  Sweet Basil and the Blue Note through the years have been very good to me, but in a much different vein, the lakefront festivals in Milwaukee are a somewhat unknown to most of America. 

I did see a few artists before their success and fame, saw a famous British singer at a bar in Rapid City many years ago..and he has done well since. 

Take care,

whatjd

@roberjerman, you left out Mickey Waller on drums! I too saw that lineup, at the original Fillmore in San Francisco.

I’d love to revisit seeing The Beatles at The Cow Palace (S. SF) in ’65, The Who at The Carousel Ballroom (I think) performing A Quick One in ’68, Leonard Cohen at The Universal Amphitheater in L.A. (very dramatic!), Rockpile at The Country Club in Reseda, Little Village on a soundstage in Burbank, Dave Edmunds at one of the big NYC clubs (The Ritz?), Marshall Crenshaw at same, and Big Joe Turner backed by The Blasters at Club Lingerie on Sunset Blvd.

The one I wish I hadn't missed was seeing Moby Grape live.

Laura Nyro at the Troubadour.  Sweeney Todd on Broadway. A sub-Saharan band I never learned the name of I saw in Marrakesh.  Television at the Whiskey.  Pianist Andre Watts at the Dorothy Chandler.
there are many, but four immediately come to mind

keith jarrett trio w peacock and dejohnette at san fran masonic center roughly 2008 - played three encores, we sat in 10th row could hear the instruments without amplification

dianne reeves and her band at sf herbst theater in 2011 she was performing brazilian music ... lovely concert, then for the last two numbers and encore, she sang with acoustic guitarist romero lubambo without microphones... it was an awesome experience to hear the natural sound in a beautiful hall

bobby mcferrin with a full choir at herbst in 2012 - he orchestrated the voices and did his amazing thing... stunning artistry and naturalness of massed voices in amazing improvised arrangements, we visited with him afterwards with my family and a friends, he did a little sing along with the kids after, just amazing ... he is an angel walking this earth with us

chick corea and bela fleck at the sonoma state university green center in 2015 just awesome artistry and skill
Charles Lloyd at the Village Vanguard around 1978 or so. Just an incredible evening! -- though he is always inspiring.

Oh, and I just thought of Leon Thomas, singing at CBGB (yes, that one) around the same time, maybe a few years earlier. What verve! The band had both a drummer and a percussionist that night; wonderful.

And one I didn’t attend, but would have loved to have been a fly on the wall: The historical evening of string quartets with the following personnel:
First Violin: Joseph Haydn
Second Violin: Baron Dittersdorf
Violoncello: Johann Vanhal
Viola: W. A. Mozart.