vpi classic

First hello everyone ,I've been away awhile .

I'm interested in upgrading my cartridge a Benz micro mc, my system is a moderate system by gon standard.
VPI classic jmw memorial arm ,Acoustic Zen adagios, Sunfire subs ,Nu Vista integrated, Musical Fidelity phono amp mc or mc with multiple mc settings . Acoustic Zen cables and speaker cables in a  acoustically treated dedicated room (16'x24' x10') .with more digital gear, but  this is my analog section.

I am willing to spend up to say $1,500 ,but much to many here's discomfort I would spend up to say grand on a used cartridge from a solid gon member . I know so many here swap them like tic tacs . I know the routine of fears with buying used , that said I have made some great scores here. I'm looking for weight compatabilty ,sound and overall performance for the money.

Thank you all
Ray

128x128oleschool
lalitk
The flagship is out of my wheelhouse honestly. The cheaper models are more doable . Have you seen the bel canto phono 3 with the 12 v external supply ? thats around $2500.00. Honestly I would like to buy a used section from a gon member who rotates often . I think I could get a 4k section for $1500-2000 pretty easy .
lalitk
I understand the canto is not tube.Have you had the chance to audition or have any experience with the EAT  Jo number 5 cartridge ? it seems like quite the cartridge .
"I will go VAC , I almost have twice ,but I have a car and motorcycle fetish too oh and guitars"

oleschool- I get it.I noodle a LP- 65 Deluxe Reverb and pedal a $6K plastic(Carbon) bike . I haven’t visited the gear page lately, but it’s presently filled with nice deals on used phonostages, both SS/tube.

This listing caught my attention. https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa577e-eastern-electric-minimax-phono-phono
For the price, anyone tube curious would be getting a great deal.
I remember when it was introduced.
http://6moons.com/audioreviews/minimaxphono/phono.html

Most of the current popular brands are listed if you’re willing to go to the next level$2k+

To my ears, somewhere in the $3-5K MSRP is a model you can say..."I’m done" I’ve demoed with my table the Manley,Herron, Allnic, Zesto. All good, but not one had a particular "better" trait for me to give up a my tubed Fosgate. Naturally, just subjective. I’ve read other Foz owners think the opposite. The 2.0 version is the one to get if you run across a listing. I’ve seen them pretty cheap, but only the 1st generation.
I would be all over this if I were in shopping mode. Easily a last purchase. If you ever get the urge, it can be upgraded to play with  "the best"
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa2hd3-balanced-audio-technology-vk-p6se-tube-phono-stage-mc-bat...
@oleschool,

I completely understand if you wanna pursue a used bargain like vk-p6se or even a Herron VTPH-2A would be a great buy. Personally, I am biased towards hybrid phonostage. To my ears, they are much more musical than solid state.

Sorry no experience with Jo No 5 cartridge, maybe someday.