Is static the culprit?

Last year I sent my Odyssey Kismet amplifier in for repair because I was getting some intermittent  “static” noise either exclusively or at least primarily out of the right channel. This static noise was only audible (to me) when no music was playing and was loud enough to hear it across the room and even with only the amp and speakers connected it was still evident. 
Klaus was at first unable to replicate the noise but after awhile said that he could also hear it. I believe he said that he thought that perhaps a faulty capacitor was to blame and I decided to go ahead and upgrade the amp while he had it. Basically I have the latest and greatest as of about April of this year. 
Klaus was wonderful to work with and upon return it was now dead quiet and sounded simply incredible. 
However, It’s now doing it again and it occurred to me that when the weather is warm it seems to work perfectly but each time it was making this noise, it was colder weather both before repair and again now. This is going on my best recollection though so maybe it’s only just a coincidence? 
Could static have been the culprit all along? My main problem with that theory though is that I can’t understand why it would only be primarily out of only one channel. 
I can actually feel the static in the room and so I do think that any measures to reduce it would probably be in my best interest in any case. 
I’m I just crazy to think this or do you think that there may some merit to my theory? I’m not experiencing any “sparks” yet and so is there any chance that this noise could cause any damage or degradation to my system? It’s not really bothersome to me otherwise but if it could be troublesome then what can I do to minimize the static? 
My system: 

Odyssey Kismet amp
Chord Qutest DAC 
Bluesound Node 2i streamer 
Rel 5/SHO subwoofer 
Supratek Chardonnay tube preamp 
Ascend Sierra 2Ex speakers
Audioquest Niagara 1200 power conditioning 
various aftermarket cables (mostly Cullen and Audioquest)
speaker stands

My cables do cross each other more than I would like and are on my hardwood floor (not elevated) and I don’t really think that my tube preamp is to blame because I can still hear noise even with it completely off. I do cut the preamp off when not listening to music but I do leave everything else on. 
Thanks for any help! 

bacchus1234