vpi classic

First hello everyone ,I've been away awhile .

I'm interested in upgrading my cartridge a Benz micro mc, my system is a moderate system by gon standard.
VPI classic jmw memorial arm ,Acoustic Zen adagios, Sunfire subs ,Nu Vista integrated, Musical Fidelity phono amp mc or mc with multiple mc settings . Acoustic Zen cables and speaker cables in a  acoustically treated dedicated room (16'x24' x10') .with more digital gear, but  this is my analog section.

I am willing to spend up to say $1,500 ,but much to many here's discomfort I would spend up to say grand on a used cartridge from a solid gon member . I know so many here swap them like tic tacs . I know the routine of fears with buying used , that said I have made some great scores here. I'm looking for weight compatabilty ,sound and overall performance for the money.

Thank you all
Ray

128x128oleschool
yes, oregon papa!!

that is why i have three art9's bought from hong kong from 3 years ago - LOLOLOLOL
Earlier Slaw12 posted;

I think you'd be happy with a SoundSmith

I have had a Soundsmith Zephyr Star on my Classic for about two years now and love it.  To describe the Zephyr's performance on my deck in one word I would have to choose effortless.  It disappears very nicely.
I own a VPI Classic 3 and was running my Koetsu Black Gold Line for years until I snapped of the cantilever— boy did that suck! While waiting for it to come back from being repaired I purchased a old model ART9 from music direct. And I can 
Tell you this truly is a great cartridge! I used my Cardas burn-in record and after it
was fully burned in it sounded sooo good that I didn’t even miss my Koetsu. I don’t know about the new model, but if you can still find the original—- grab it! One word of caution, if you buy new don’t judge it until it is fully burned in. This can take up to 200 hours or you can just buy the Cardas burn-in record and get it
 done in less than half the time!
 "I didn’t even miss my Koetsu"

Interesting testimony from a Koetsu owner. I'm actually on my second ART 9. The cantilever magically "disappeared" after 3 years with the first one.

The ART 9 certainly isn't a "downgrade" comparing to the $2K+ Kiseki Blue, which does have a touch more of refinement. 

oleschool- If you're looking for audio excitement, also consider upping your game in the phonostage department to put any cart in its best light.

Hey Oleschool, you mention your Benz is about 10 years old.  Have you looked into re tipping or even a rebuild/upgrade?  Sometimes people decide they need a new cart but what they want most is the sound they remember from when the unit was young.