Reasonably Priced Bookshelf Speakers

I am moving my Vandersteen 2ce sig II’s to a dedicated 2 channel listening room.  In the process I am building and installing a new media center and will need some book shelf speaker to hook up to the 5.1 system that is powered by a parasound 5 channel amp.

Although not ideal, the speakers will have to be up against the wall and actually act as a true book shelf speaker. I am spending my money where it matters most in the other room so this will be mainly for home theater and occasional 2 channel or 2.1 music.  I was looking at the ELAC Debut Reference because they are front ported. Amazon has the old ELAC UB5’s for really cheap and I have more than enough amp.  Would the rear port be an issue with placement?

Another consideration is I currently have a VCC-1 Center channel, would like to keep the price down by using it with my new front speakers.  Anything else I should look at in the same price range?

Thanks
Garrison
395garrison
Thanks gentleman, I’ll be keeping my eyes open for a used set.  Any difference between the regular and the woods?  Should I be searching for one over the other?

Keep away from any rear ported speaker for using against a wall. The front ported ones should be fine!
If your receiver/processor has bass management, you can set the crossover for the front speakers to say 80hz (or set to "small") so they are cutoff well above the tuned frequency of any port, front or rear. That will help you with the close wall placement. 
@OP, 
Look for the most recent vintage of Vandy's.
Mr. V. continually adds improvements to his speakers, even if he hasn't labeled them so.
In this case, the Vandy VLR wood.
There is a pair for sale on Canuck Audio Mart.- And, well priced, too.

B
Post removed