Reasonably Priced Bookshelf Speakers

I am moving my Vandersteen 2ce sig II’s to a dedicated 2 channel listening room.  In the process I am building and installing a new media center and will need some book shelf speaker to hook up to the 5.1 system that is powered by a parasound 5 channel amp.

Although not ideal, the speakers will have to be up against the wall and actually act as a true book shelf speaker. I am spending my money where it matters most in the other room so this will be mainly for home theater and occasional 2 channel or 2.1 music.  I was looking at the ELAC Debut Reference because they are front ported. Amazon has the old ELAC UB5’s for really cheap and I have more than enough amp.  Would the rear port be an issue with placement?

Another consideration is I currently have a VCC-1 Center channel, would like to keep the price down by using it with my new front speakers.  Anything else I should look at in the same price range?

Thanks
Garrison
395garrison

Showing 1 response by 395garrison

Thanks gentleman, I’ll be keeping my eyes open for a used set.  Any difference between the regular and the woods?  Should I be searching for one over the other?