A Couple Little Things I'm Wondering About

Two quick questions for anyone with any experience with either topic.

1. Why do some folks with usually higher end systems use those cable lifters to keep the cable elevated? What are they intended to do? If you use them, what do they do for you please? And if you know do they make sense from a purely technical standpoint? 

2. I bought a bunch of those gold plated caps to cover all the unused RCA jacks on the back of my AVR. I believe they are intended to keep noise down. If you use these, please comment on them. Do you think they do what they're supposed to do, and/or do they make sense from a purely technical standpoint?

Thanks!
jcolespeedway
The purpose of the shorting plugs is to prevent ingress of electromagnetic grunge into low voltage circuits. Depending on circuit design and local conditions they can be highly effective or a waste of space. Unlike for cable lifters the technical reasoning behind them though seems sound (no pun intended)
The Naysayer Doctrine (like every other faith-based, religious cult) has as many dopes as it does Popes.         Bring up anything resembling SCIENCE/PHYSICS, dated later than the 1800’s and they become apoplectic, not having the formal education to comprehend the concepts, or- possible ramifications.       It would be hilarious, were it not so pathetic!          Gimme That Old Time Religion, Gimme That Old Time Religion, etc.
Post removed 
YES; I most definitely made that statement (regarding FFT).  Had you read the reference material posted with that statement (or- understood the acronym), you might have comprehended the message.     Then again, probably not, or you wouldn't have even challenged the statement.      I repeat:  "When one of these faith-in-outdated-science, religious fanatics can prove (via any 20th Century Science/Physics) that the above factors have no bearing on what we’re hearing, I’ll accept their version of salvation."         All I've ever done, in this thread or any other, is to put forth propositions, based on Electrical/Electromagnetic Theory (later than the 1800's), as to why certain things might actually make an audible difference, in someone's listening room.       All your cult ever does, is to dissuade people from experimenting, in their own rooms, with their own systems and ears.       btw: I've never mentioned anything to do with RCA caps (like I said: apoplectic).