MusicDirect

I was wondering if someone can explain if it is appropriate for a vendor to charge buyers the sales tax rate where the vendor is located instead of the sales tax rate where the purchaser is located, for an online purchase? MusicDirect is located in Chicago where the sales tax rate is 10.25%. I live in Illinois but not in Chicago where the sales tax rate is 6.25%. MusicDirect persists on charging me 10.25% when Amazon, eBay and other vendors charge me 6.25%. They have told me that they charge me 10.25% because the have “a physical nexus to Chicago”. Well I do not. Using MusicDirect’s logic Upscale Audio should be charging me California sales tax, which they do not. Anyone care to explain to me if MusicDirect is correct in their practice and why? Thanks. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xkingbarbuda
I’ve limited my purchases from MD for that very reason. The kicker was when I bought a used cable from Agon and ended up paying 10% sales tax. Now I purchase albums through Acoustic Sounds or Elusive Disc and check other sites before buying from MD. I know it’s the law, but paying sales tax on a used item seems like a potential class action lawsuit - I wish I had the time to pursue. 
If you are in the same state?  Well?  Its as if you drove to the store and made the purchase.