Member Almarg passed away last night

Al ( @almarg ) passed away peacefully yesterday evening, September 14th, 2020.

Margaret, Al's wife, was by his side most of the afternoon.

Both she and Al, as well as Al's family, were deeply touched by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for Al from members who, via written word, shared so very much in the 'Update on Audiogon Member Almarg' thread.

Margaret extends her thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all members. She treasures each and every post.
david_ten
Sorry to hear this sad news. Al helped me several times and he always was available and extremely knowledgeable.

Now Al, don't start measuring the stars for distortion. LOL!

ozzy
My deepest condolences to his wife, Margaret, the rest of his family, and his friends. I never had the pleasure of interacting directly with Al but was an avid follower of his posts on A’gon and benefited many times from his generosity in sharing his considerable depth and breadth of knowledge. He was a genuine class act. His passing is very sad, and a real loss to our community. Thank you, David, for sharing the news.
Another very sad event in a year overburdened with them. I'll treasure my memories of our conversations and use them as a model of how to behave online always. I only hope to be as good at it as Al was.