Cartridge options going forward

As much as I hate to admit it, my Lyra Etna is getting a little long in the tooth. I really look forward to listening to music with this cartridge but the amount of money they get for it has reached the point where I want to consider a more fiscally responsible alternative. I have owned a Kleos and Skala before the Etna and while the Kleos is good, it is not an Etna.  Any ideas?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmtwilke
Post removed 
jperry1

Aren't you kind to strangers. what compels you to make such a helpful and exhausting addition?

As I said, he is "Very Right, but Somewhat Wrong".

"(below: the lady doth protest too much) "

line from Shakespeare was a clue to stop reading.

"Not to prove, just to let you know more about me when you read my opinions hither and thither."  

that's not justifying an opinion, that's sharing who I am. thanks for your kind words in response, who are you?

several of us frequently comment on each other's contribution, and raul has specifically helped me in making decisions related to my major TT upgrade this past year. So, publicly I thought I would let him and anyone curious know a bit more about me. 

I've said it many times, I write answers to share with 'the multitude' I imagine might be following a thread. Many people, here, camera forums, stamp clubs .... join, follow, read, may not write anything ever, or for a few years, but they learn, even watching family squabbles. 

mtwilke, Your tonearm is just fine for any middle to low compliance cartridge. In their literature Lyra was referring to uni pivot arms which are not OK. Your's is a knife edge bearing which has absolutely no torsional instability. Unless you have a very high gain and quiet phono stage stay away from the LP versions. If you listen primarily to rock the higher output versions are also better.  
OP

Now, we assume we cannot audition in person, however, I would call and see if private masked disinfected listening can be arranged, you might get lucky.

luxury of time

I always try to have an acceptable spare (amp, tube, tt, cartridge) ready that allows the luxury of time when evaluating/making/waiting for the best 'real' choice. Seems you are caught without a spare this time.

When you eventually try something in the price bracket you are seeking, you might be thoroughly happy, done, congrats.

or, if not 'it', then that becomes your acceptable spare for the future, money not wasted, never again limited by being without a cartridge, use it with the luxury of time for your next eventual change.

Of course, once you buy something new, love it, or mostly love it, if you then rebuild the Etna, there's your acceptable alternate, or it goes back to primary. I still advise asking Steve for his input before moving forward.

I'm retired, quarantined, curious, I hopped about, spent some time skimming Stereophile's lists

https://www.stereophile.com/category/phono-cartridge-reviews

It mentions two Etna versions, standard and lower output SL with veryyyy low impedance, I'm  just curious which version you have.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/lyra-atlas-sl-and-etna-sl-phono-cartridges

Elliott