Cartridge options going forward

As much as I hate to admit it, my Lyra Etna is getting a little long in the tooth. I really look forward to listening to music with this cartridge but the amount of money they get for it has reached the point where I want to consider a more fiscally responsible alternative. I have owned a Kleos and Skala before the Etna and while the Kleos is good, it is not an Etna.  Any ideas?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmtwilke
mtwilke, Your tonearm is just fine for any middle to low compliance cartridge. In their literature Lyra was referring to uni pivot arms which are not OK. Your's is a knife edge bearing which has absolutely no torsional instability. Unless you have a very high gain and quiet phono stage stay away from the LP versions. If you listen primarily to rock the higher output versions are also better.  
OP

Now, we assume we cannot audition in person, however, I would call and see if private masked disinfected listening can be arranged, you might get lucky.

luxury of time

I always try to have an acceptable spare (amp, tube, tt, cartridge) ready that allows the luxury of time when evaluating/making/waiting for the best 'real' choice. Seems you are caught without a spare this time.

When you eventually try something in the price bracket you are seeking, you might be thoroughly happy, done, congrats.

or, if not 'it', then that becomes your acceptable spare for the future, money not wasted, never again limited by being without a cartridge, use it with the luxury of time for your next eventual change.

Of course, once you buy something new, love it, or mostly love it, if you then rebuild the Etna, there's your acceptable alternate, or it goes back to primary. I still advise asking Steve for his input before moving forward.

I'm retired, quarantined, curious, I hopped about, spent some time skimming Stereophile's lists

https://www.stereophile.com/category/phono-cartridge-reviews

It mentions two Etna versions, standard and lower output SL with veryyyy low impedance, I'm  just curious which version you have.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/lyra-atlas-sl-and-etna-sl-phono-cartridges

Elliott

The Low output, low impedance version really only makes sense if you have a current mode phono amp. Otherwise, most people will be happier with the higher output version. 
What are some examples of a "current mode" phono amp? I believe my PS Audio Stellar phono amp has enough gain for very low output cartridges. It is as good as Fremer's review states and does not appear to be overmatched by the Etna.I have taken mijostyn's advice and ordered the Ortofon Winfield Ti cartridge. I will more than likely send the Etna back to Lyra to be rebuilt/upgraded to the Lambda design standard output when the time comes. It will be interesting to compare the two.The low output Audio Technica cartridge that Raul recommended is back ordered to January. I appreciate everyone's collective experience and input. Fiscal responsibility is a challenge in this hobby. ; )