Update on Audiogon Member Almarg

I have some very sad news and information to share.

Al ( @almarg ), through his wife Margaret, asked me to post the following...

{"The attached letter to you was dictated at his bedside to me earlier today. I hope I got his words down precisely as he desired."}

"Unfortunately Al has an extremely aggressive form of Mantle Cell Lymphoma coupled with a mutation of gene TP53 (known as tumor suppressor gene). He has received outstanding advanced treatment with the latest and greatest chemo drugs at Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale in New Haven. Unfortunately it appears that he only has a few weeks to live.

Please feel free to post a substantive update [on Audiogon]. He has not been able to do that because of his condition. Please indicate that he has enjoyed solving problems, researching others,’ and learning a good deal himself while developing his answers.

He and I wish everyone all the best of health and success in audio endeavors, in that order.

Al [and Margaret]

September 9, 2020"

I will post my very personal response tomorrow.
david_ten
I learned to listen and heed the words of certain individuals here on "Audiogon", a good while ago. With, "Al", of course, being one of those few whom I always looked to further my knowledge about audio and related subjects. Many come here to "Audiogon", seeking the same as I. And there are many places to look for a place to hang our hat, relax and as, "Audiophiles", share a bit as we also learn something new from those whom share our passion.. But it was and is this, "Core", of people like, "Mr. Almarg", that had us stop here and look around a bit more than the "other", places available. And then join. Always with a kind word and a sage's advice, his honest experience and intelligent conversation are a large part of why I and soo many others of like mind. Come here and then join this, "Audiogon". 
 Sad as I am by this news. Only the thought of "Almarg", getting his wings may cheer me even a bit right now..
So that he may then ascend.
For I am sure that music like no other, awaits him.
I'll see you on the other side, "Al".
 Sincerely,
     R. Scott O.
Dear Al,
In the light of things, it seems that we need a miracle -- so that is what I will wish for and pray for.

Your voice here is one of reason and maturity, not to mention the interesting and precise information you provide.
Be well Al, you have my thoughts and prayers from afar.
Greg
I am so saddened to hear this news. Al has been in my thoughts since he stopped posting on the forum. His kind
words along with his advice made his contribution so valuable.
I was lucky enough to get to know him a little bit offline, not only talking tech, but sharing in our love of classical music.

Sweet dreams, Al. And heartfelt best wishes to Margaret.

I am very upset and saddened about this news. These posts will never be the same without the invaluable knowledge that Al brought to them. A true gentleman and he will be surely missed by all. My best wishes to you and his family!