For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@slaw

Know which cart you’ll use? I promise not to suggest one.

Initially, at this point, probably just use my existing Grado Red. I know what it sounds like, so may be a good benchmark to show the table/arm difference.

I’ll take some time thinking about a new cart. On my initial short list are possibly something from Soundsmith, Hana, or perhaps even a higher end wooden Grado.

Just not sure. And if I go to a MC cart, then a new phono stage would be needed as well, unless I would go with a higher output.

The next cart will be more of an investment, not Just another $200-$400 cart.
One step at a time. And slaw, you can suggest anything you want 😉
Brian,

I totally agree with your thinking on your first paragraph!!! Look forward to reading all of your impressions when the time comes. BTW, does your SOTA have a recess in the platter for a record label?

.......................................................................................

Just got in the recent Fleetwood Mac box set and "Goats Head Soup"
Yes, it looks to have a recess slaw, in addition, he included the SOTA clamp.
@slaw

Just noticed your post on the Record Doctor. I used one for decades. Never gave any trouble. The problem with vacuum cleaners is they introduce static.

I have to admit, initially I was a bit underwhelmed. But as I said, I think there is a certain way and pace you have to use it. I thought of getting a Nitty Gritty, or a unit as your VPI, but finally convinced myself I could turn the darn thing by hand. But, I do think I was spinning too fast. Also, when using *a lot* of fluid, and ‘sudsing’ the album, I don’t think the results seemed great simply vacuuming that off, alone. That’s when I used the record cleaner, ‘suds’ the album, vacuum, run it through the Spin Clean, and a final vacuum.

That seems to work on never/long non-cleaned albums, or, ones which have only been through my Spin Clean. Those albums were noticeably quieter after that regiment.

Static? Yea, always a pain. And it isn’t winter yet. Last year I bought a humidifier. You could be very right about a vacuum creating static, but it doesn’t seem as much as me drying the albums by hand with the Spin Clean cloths. I have a Zerostat, but will keep my eye out on that DESTAT.