CD Player vs. music streaming

Dear audiophiles:

I am in the cross road for the media choice.  My CD player suffered from abnormal tray movement and consider to replace a new one (maybe the 2nd hand one).  But on last Sunday, I paid a visit to the audio show and find out there are showing many streaming player of the famous brands with  the price range of US$ 5000~20,000.  I feel the sound is not bad with short listening. 

I am thinking about my situation once more, if I buy a HI-Fi CD player, the price might equal to the audio streamer.  Then, if I choose the CD player, I would keep on buying CD. But if I give up CD player and replace it with a audio streamer, my expense might be the monthly subscription expense which cost a CD or so.  Besides,
my kids have no interest in classical music appreciation. There is no meaning for me to keep on buying CD. When I  am passed away, the CD are useless...without not penny. 

Under such kind of   consideration, should I stay in CD player or should I switch to music streamer. 
Any good opinion?
faust168
faust168

I concur- the problem w/ streaming is variable sound quality(SQ) issues.

Happy Listening!
I listen one US$7000 stuff which is a famous one made in Korea. The dynamic is good, but the tonal balance and overtone are disappointed.
The CD v streaming sound quality debate is an interesting one. Without direct comparison I can't say I've noticed much difference myself.

Furthermore, at the last show I attended (back in Sep 2019), virtually every exhibitor was using some form of streaming. 

In particular the Monopulse active speakers sounded wonderful via streaming from a laptop.

You'd think that it would be easy enough to use a CD player instead of a smartphone, laptop etc if they felt there were any sound quality issues at all. So maybe it's fair to assume that they didn't.

It should be mentioned that some of the gear being demonstrated was at the more expensive end of the market. I guess they too must feel that digital is digital, as long as the bitrate is high enough.

In any case, let's not also forget that some streamers can be used to playback your own discs which have been previously ripped to their hard drive.

This is what I would be mainly using it for.
Furthermore, at the last show I attended (back in Sep 2019), virtually every exhibitor was using some form of streaming.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
another sign the cd player thing is near dead,
Us few remaining old faithful audiophiles must havea  hard drive cd player, 
Streaming will not work for us..
I've spent $$$$ building up my 300-400 classical cd collection, and not about to jump ship for streaming. 
Sorry the experience is not the same.
But in this cv19 world, maybe streaming is  all most newbies can afford. 
Hifi audio will take a  hit from this cv19 thingy.
I;'ll be adding a 2nd hifi cd player next month. 
That will give me 2 super high fidelity cdp's.