Perhaps a Stupid Question

I have a Pioneer PL-530 turntable. Am the original owner (bought in the 70's). After a few different cartridges over the years I am now using a Grado Gold (MM). The table still operates very well and would like to keep it and optimize it's performance if possible. Here's my question.....

The cable (IC) of the Pioneer is hardwired into the table. Would upgrading the cable offer any benefit to the performance? I understand that turntable cables are matched to a certain machine as far as resistance and other things. Cleaning of the RCA plugs and ground is the first thing to consider. However, as much has been discussed in these forums about cables it's hard to believe whether they are a significant improvement in this scenario or not. Maybe the Pioneer is offering as much performance as it can? Remember, this cable is hardwired into the board. Some may have had similar experiences.
Please forgive me for being blunt....I know there are much superior tables and cartridges out there. I already know that. Just seeking advice from someone who may have gone down this road.Thanks.
jrpnde
If you opt to replace the IC, it may behoove to replace the wiring in the tonearm to the cartridge...

Would require a careful investigation of the manner and means the originals have been routed, and how 'permanent' they'd been done.

I've done this sort of activity, but it's not for the impatient nor clumsy....
If it is the original, I would suggest replacing the ribbed platter mat. I did this with my old P112-D. A felt replacement should be inexpensive. IMO vinyl should be supported under the entire playing surface and clamped to even out minor warps.
Unless you're comfortable with soldering, and think you can do a job that will do justice to an expensive audio cable, I would leave it alone.  Changing the power cable is just nonsense though.
@jrpnde, I would do what millercarbon suggests, but then look into going two steps further.
1. replace the tone arm wire with litz2. replace the crap headshell leads with cardas or some other litz.

once you do that you will be shocked at super level your TT will perform at.

and as others have noted, you can go nuts on IC replacement cables, but just be sure what ever brand you select is shielded.

MM and MC carts do not do well with un-shielded  cables.....

To put it kind , all cables from before 1990 are no good and needs to be replaced!!! 
In My Own Opinion 
And be aware of hevy metals in the solder =)