Best Male Singers of the 20th Century

There is an interesting current discussion about the best female vocalists on CD. I have my own ideas about the best male singers (any category) of the 20th Century, but would like to hear other opinions.
sdcampbell
A tie for me, both jazz guys: Mark Murphy and Johnny Hartman. Such different styles, so both are the best to me.
I know a totally unknown local tenor in the Baltimore MD area who performs locally that has the purest tone of anyone I have ever heard that I can think of.
Wasn't there a guy called Pavarotti who managed to hum a few tunes last century ?
We are limited by who have on disc or have heard in person. This may seem like an obvious statement, but many greats are not properly represented in the current discography - and they will never be. They performed in an era where recording technology was in its infancy both in terms of quality and quality (the lengths of their recorded performances) and reproduction. And even remastering does not help a lot. A good, but not great voice recorded today may sound a lot better than a great voice recorded 50 years ago. A shame, really, but also reality.