No "Room Correction" Topic option. Why?

I wanted to pose a question on room mods but do not see a logical place
to insert it so I am going with "Speakers" as a good, wrong choice.
Moderators, can you attend to this deficiency? 

My question: I am redoing my listening room in several ways.
Not because it was bad-quite the contrary. But because the room 
was a dark hole so I bought three new windows and replacement door.
The existing wall allowed rain water in from the patio floor outside.

I started dismantling a 20' section of wall. As I opened the wall i found the
existing base plate-not treated wood, to be dust. Then mold on the drywall.
then termite evidence. 

Once the old crap was gone, I poured a concrete base plate 20 feet and another 6 feet
on the return. Termite damage had trashed the double sill plate and parts of two joists.

With all the wiring exposed I discovered an abandoned 220 a/c line buried in the wall.
Voila!  I had 2 dedicated 110v outlets for another part of the room. 

Might as well add 5 can lights while I was at it.

I upgraded the Streaming ethernet line from cat 5 to cat 7. Might as well
since I had sawsalled thru the old line. 
Then I learned that fiber is a better bet so I will be changing that later.

Another find! A buried abandoned entry door offering a 30" x 80" x 10" shelving
opportunity! 

I started this task by removing the old carpeting.

Now to my question. 

Shall I go with new porcelain tile flooring and plan on area rug -or-
put carpet back for its superior sound absorbing properties?

I hope someone out there has been down this road and has
an experience to share?

Thank you!

chorus
Acoustical embedding are the more important..... More than mechanical and electrical one in power to deliver S.Q.

Passive materials treatment are only HALF of the story....

Active device controls can make your audio system to be freed from the limitations of the room...(i mean non electronical device by the way)

Almost nobody speak about that....Except some sellers of very costly device....It is not necessary to buy one if you know what to do..... Cost: peanuts.....

"Generic" designed speakers dont have soul and body, without a "specific" room designed by you to be his working organ synchronizing with your ears....

:)
My Dad was an electrical contractor.  I split my 220 dryer outlet  The breakers are easy to change out, and don't really require that you turn off the power, unless you are a klutz. A duplex recepticle can have both 110 outlets. 
One can split a 220VAC line and both are already on the same side of the buss, however if you have two high current monoblocks, the ground or “common” will not be able to carry the amperage that one will need for each amp.  If you have a stereo amp and simply want to connect your low power equipment to the other line, it will work.  If you have a 40 amp breaker, you’re in luck.  Codes however, may be a problem.
Thanks to all for the discussion/ideas of soundproofing, regards to chorus who I hope doesn't think I meant to hijack his thread.

@tomic601 Totally agree with you that I'm looking for the lowest "noise floor" I can achieve in my music room, although not at the expense of making the room dead.

@terry9  Thanks for the leads to other products I will consider.

@eganmedia  I have to live with with the room I have,  I consider myself fortunate to have a room I can do whatever I want to.

I have not heard anyone mention that all this soundproofing made the room dead.  So, my original fear of over doing it to achieve the lowest noise floor seems to stand on it own and doesn't make the room dead, just quiet from invasive noise.
Regards, barts
handymann
One can split a 220VAC line and both are already on the same side of the buss, however if you have two high current monoblocks, the ground or “common” will not be able to carry the amperage that one will need for each amp.
If we are talking about residential use in the US, this does not make sense. A 240VAC line would consist of a pair of 120VAC lines each fed from a different bus. There’d be no way to have them on the same leg. NEC allows the 240VAC line to be split into two 120VAC lines with a shared neutral. Each 120VAC line must have its own appropriately sized breaker, and the breakers must be tied together so that both trip simultaneously. You would need to check with your local inspector to determine if such connections meet local code.