700.00 speakers new or used

any 700.00 that you can listen all day and not  get  tired
crashmars
Someone already referred to Klipsch if you like the dynamic sound typical of a high efficiency speaker.  These type speakers mate best with tubes and don't need much power, i.e., a good amp with 5 - 35 watts.

For your price range consider the Forte I or II, they are very close to the Forte III Klipsch recently brought out to satisfy the nostalgia crazy and many are happy to pay around $3000 for them (see recent reviews).  With a nice oak cabinet, they are also one of the best looking speakers in this price range, (if you like that old school furniture look).

With my Forte I's, some nice refinements where made with Bob Crites's tweeter diaphragms and crossovers.  You can also build your own crossovers using ALK's suggestions.  Raising them about 6 inches also helped with midrange and up clarity and balance.

Proper room treatments made a much bigger difference, as it will with all speakers.  Now friends are surprised at the clarity and sound stage these 1980s Fortes provide with good recordings like Steely Dan, and there is no more listening fatigue for long periods at higher listening levels.

Whatever you decide, play around with speaker placement and sitting position and enjoy the music.
Couple months back picked up a pair of used (like new) Tekton Lore Reference (with upgraded caps I think and something else which escapes me at the moment. I paid 500 ,, shipping was a bear but being that FEDEX charged me uneven pricing on 2 packages the same size and weight I called and complained and the agent refunded me 85 on the bill which reminds me I need to go check on that refund . Yep , its there.   They are back in stock @ Tekton and shipping included for 750. I have my system on daily for 8 to 12 hrs. These are for my low wpc amps primarily as I do have Harbeths sitting next to them but it seems the Ref Lore’s are getting the brunt currently.
@oldschoolsound If there was any pair that I regret selling it is the Forte--I had a pair - I think they were possibly the first iteration. Got them for 250 I think it was .. ordered the Crites upgrades. I think I put the Crites in there but was moving stuff in and out back then on a mission and sold them for really a bargain. Was doing a lot of that though 15 yrs ago. What a bargain esp compared to Fortes now.. I only realized a few months back that they re-started production and that is a lot of $$ .
At that price point, I have a couple recommendations.  The KEF loudspeakers from the late 1970s are wonderful.  The tweeter they used back then got used by a lot of people and was certainly one of the very best of the day.   A buddy of mine runs a pair of the KEF Calinda being driven by a Marantz 8B power amp and it's just magical.  The Calinda can be had for about $500 and the bigger Cantata for $700 or less.   

Here's a link to a Cantata pair for $650.

Another speaker I think is a terrific value in this price range is the floor standing Thiel line.   You'll readily find the CS 2.2 for $700 or less.  Very natural with excellent detail.  They sold for much, much more than that when new and worth it then.
Too bad there aren't more apogee duetta or signatures out there, you can listen to them all day and get better bass than the maggie's.