An EXPERIMENT for those who have never heard differences in cables

There are many here who have never heard differences in cables, I was there years ago until I read a post of someone preferring the sound of 28 awg magnet wires for speaker cables. I quickly drove out to my local Radio Shack and picked up magnet wires of various sizes (22-28 awg) to hear what it sounds like. I remember this being a fun experiment and a really cheap one that taught me a thing or two, I've gone on to experience many other cable designs over the years.

***Run two insulated magnet wire to each speaker (one for positive, one for negative) and use them in place of your existing speaker cable, the insulation on magnet wires are very thin and a little difficult to strip, sandpapering the tips may work. Connect them to the binding posts on your amp and speakers and let us know what you hear?
(Amazon also carries various sizes of magnet wires)
scar972
Yes indeedy robjerman.  The only way you'll get a difference is to use speaker wire that cannot handle the load.

Another useful experiment with thin wire is to enter it into your left ear and push gently until it exits your right ear.  Pull through and connect up the left end to your amp and the right to the speaker.  I think you'll hear a big difference.
clearthinker .... please be careful, there are geniuses who will follow your advice. I remember in 2001 or 2002 at an electronic show in Vegas there was a group of people protesting the use of human plasma in plasma TVs
For those special individuals, ignorant of available magnet wire gauges: https://www.amazon.com/TEMCo-AWG-Copper-Magnet-Wire/dp/B071JC7LKK      btw: The air-core inductors in many of your crossovers, are already  passing current to your low freq drivers, in much smaller sizes and at greater lengths than the typical cable.
I guess I could try 12awg magnet wire which is the same as my speaker cable. But I see no reason to use 24 or 28 awg for a fair comparison. Of course I could try stranded magnet wire better known as Litz wire. Might be fun to give square magnet wire a shot. 
I can say honestly that in the 15 years I have been an audiophile and most of my life being a musician. I am convinced that cables, especially powers cables make a significant difference in the sound. As do speaker cables and interconnects. It’s not make
believe and fluff marketing. 
Consistent cable throughout a system (in my case Nordost Frey2) creates a much nicer tone and at least in my case has been the path to the great sound I have now.

This is always a source of conflict. Frankly I just don’t understand when people say they cannot hear the differences. Makes no sense to me. 
And it’s not about cost, my AudioQuest CV8 cable is much less expensive then the Nordost I have in may main system and I love the sound the CV8 line produces as well.

Happy listening everyone!