Partly passive preamp?

I’ve been using an Audio Research LS22 preamp with my Krell duo 175xd power amp. I also use an Audio Research PH3 phono stage.   Since the ARC preamp is about 25 years old, I’ve thought of replacing it. First, I decided to connect my PS Audio Directstream DAC directly to the Krell amp to see if it made a difference (the DirectStream has a good volume control).  It sounds great.  If I never wanted to use my turntable and tuner again, I’d consider sticking with this setup.  My question: is there such a thing as a preamp which would allow me to use my other equipment but does nothing to the signal coming from the dac...which is essentially passive when using the dac input?  
fast
Tortuga has a new LDR300x available soon. For DIYers, the internals are already available. The price appears to be reasonable (under $1000) and they will have both a passive and active (tube buffer that can add a small amount of gain if needed) version.
I use Tim Stinson’s Luminous Audio Axiom II, Walker Mod unit....3 in, 2 out, single ended, remote ( volume, mute ). Love it, as I can’t hear it. His cables are excellent, as well. Be well.....stay safe......
I adore my Khozmo passive (with remote option and all the resistor upgrades).  It displaced my Slagle AVC.