Why high-end cable manufacturers don't post measurements?

I'd like to get your take on why high-end manufacturers don't post measurements? would you like to see how a cable measure before ....does it matter to you?
128x128scar972
b4icu,

"I’d returned and will as many times as I like. Any problems with that?"

Not at all,

"If Amp’s DF is high, at 9’ length, a #0 or #00 is required.
So suggest the calculation, so it improves the sound."

Notice that my observation seems to have been correct. 0, or even 00. I wonder, how come you never noticed it, and still keep nugging.

I have never tried 0, or 00, cables. As you noticed, they are quite inconvenient to work with. Not to mention that I am suspicious about the idea of finishing a thick cable with a thin cable and then pretending it is all thick cable. I may be wrong about that, but I am not wrong about the weight of the cable, connections, and other practical issues, potentially introducing more problems than solving them.

As a side note, my speaker cables are gauge 9 or 10 (I forgot), were in $100-200 range for 2m, and are made by an "audio company". They look very professionally put together. Much more professionally than 0 with a thin strip at the end. Notice that they are not 12 or 14.

EDIT: They are 11, not 9 or 10.

You assume anyone who praises a product is a fan boy, and I have found that if people Did not hear what they expected with a product they are ver vocal about it in a negative way. They will try to return it, or sell it to try something else. I’m sure there’s a small number of fanboys just as there are those who do what you do, and deny all positive reviews. I don’t believe anyone has said that every product works well in every system, in fact, just the opposite. Plus we all like different sounds, more bright, less bright, warm, detailed, etc. thats why there will always be the part where we have to listen, all the measurements won’t give us the final answer. I’m happy for the success you have achieved in your field, but dosnt mean you’re any more correct than anyone else might be. There are engineers on here that will try to proclaim they’re the ones with the knowledge also. I don’t care for some Grammy winners at all, so dosnt mean their style works for me because of their award. In every field there are constants and ideas to build upon. If there weren’t I don’t think we would have evolved very far in any field that worked how you describe. I know for a fact that I can speak to engineers in your field and would find a consensus on certain things and how to approach them without having to start from scratch in every studio, with each genre. So no, we won’t be throwing out reviews, past discoveries and findings, because they are relevant. But as previously mentioned, if it works for you, then by all means. It’s your time, your enjoyment, and your hobby, assuming you are involved in this end of things. 

glupson 08-05-2020 8:48pm

It is only partially true. Most of the manufacturers I have seen do post measurements. Of the length. Some, rare ones I think, do even post gauge. That would be about it, but is hard to catch them saying "never post measurements".
millercarbon 08-09-2020 3:20am

This whole thread is fake and based on a total misrepresentation and false premise. Every speaker cable manufacturer publishes their cable measurements. Otherwise, how would you know if you were buying 8 feet or only 6?
I am honored. I just wrote it with a little less strong words.
@glupson 00 welder's cable is much more flexible than battery cable, but it's still tough to poke the ends into those inadequate spade connectors.

@b4icu Who said I admired Belden?  Belden is one of the biggest manufacturers of bulk cable, of all kinds, shapes, sizes, and price points.  Iconoclast happens to be their most expensive model and the one clearly and very directly aimed at audiophiles.  Hence my observation that in this case, measurements + audiophilia did mix.

Now if only all amplifier manufacturers would publish (accurate) damping factors, all would be hunky-dory.  Right?
The original thread was much more entertaining. This is only from the first page...

"0 AWG? Call in the crane." (with a link to a 1000 ft of some thick wire shipping only to a commercial address)

"We want to listen to speakers, not jump start them."

"It might be a good idea to push the bong aside for a few days so you can get back in touch with reality."

"This is the oddest thread."

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/no-one-actually-knows-how-to-lculate-what-speaker-cable-they-need

Here is the final recommended product. Try to get that one past the interior decorator...

https://imgur.com/a/vIL3qs0