Cary 306 SACD

Hi,
Has anyone heard this latest cd player from Cary yet? How does it compare to the 303/300? Thanks
nickt
Thanks for your answer.
Mine is about luke warm as well.
It just cannot read discs when I switch various disc formats sometimes and locks up with Cary SACD 306 on the display. Also takes about 10-15 secs to recognise when it does pick up the formats. so then I have to unplug or switch on and off, is this usual?

Maybe I just pass it back to the dealer to check?

Cheers
My 306 SACD does read and play CD-RW just fine, just tried it last night.

My player will consistently switch between SACD and CD, detect the new format and play it. It takes several seconds (about 5) to read the disc, decode the format and then be ready to play (display CD or SACD). You can hear some switching clicks in the player.

I've had flawless operation, you should too.
yes this player is for real....just bought one.i prefer its sacd playback to my rega p/ruby 3 analog setup.
Sounds like Cary has quality issues. Same transport as the Sony SCD1 means you be replacing it in a few years, Slide motor will go bad, that is the only problem the SCD1 had.

Stick with the major players of digital audio, Sony, Accuphase are the top of the heap. They sound as good as most out there and will run forever.
You'd also be missing out on one of the best players out there.Cary stands behind their products...great people to work with.