Cary 306 SACD

Hi,
Has anyone heard this latest cd player from Cary yet? How does it compare to the 303/300? Thanks
nickt
Well, I can't blame you for ordering it. I love my Cary 308T (better than the 303/200 which has better detail). I gotta have the tubes to make me happy and keep it musical rather than analytical. But Cary has done a wonderful job on all CD players. Let us know Nickt how it sounds after break-in.

What's the list price?
I just saw one today at The Audio Connection in Seattle, it looks very nice, it was a silver one and it had a very refined look to it. Didn't get a chance to hear yet, as I will have to go back for a sonic audition. I am scared that I might like it too much and then try and figure out a way of stealing enough money to get it.They said it was 6K.
Yep,MSRP $6000 and I'm pretty sure the 306 SACD is a completely different animal from the standard 306's,so no upgradability.Gary.
I have owned the 306/200 (was in my system for 2 years and loved it) the 303/300 and I have also owned both the Esoteric one box SACD and seperates, amongst other very expensive playback set-ups and I now have the Cary 306 SACD. In my system there is no question that the new 306 is really in another league. I cannot believe what Cary is providing at the price point with this player-simply outstanding! To answer your question regarding differences between the 303-300 and the 306, I could go into great detail here but won't. I will say that the differences are immediate and large between them. The 306 is the best digital I have ever had in my system, period. If interested you can see my system for reference in the inmates systems on Audio Asylum as well as more in depth info about the player in my posts there if interested.