Cheap Interconnects from Hong Kong

I've noticed that interconnects on eBay seem to be listed quite a bit more cheaply than on other sites. I'm specifically looking at the Audioquest King Cobra.

Anyway, since most interconnects on eBay are shipped from Hong Kong, are there problems with these not always being genuine? I know HK sellers can be very competitive with generic stuff like USB cables, but I can't imagine how they'd be able to acquire AQ cables more cheaply than other sellers.

Anyone have experience buying interconnects on eBay?
rrolack
Things with King Cobras are getting ever hairier
these days.

The lack of the "Audioquest" logo on at least
one of the RCAs is a sure sign of a fake. Now
they even started selling Audioquest empty boxes
for those who want to get more creative, like this
seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AudioQuest-King-Cobra-RCA-1M-1Pair-Free-shipping-/180793916890?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a18283dda

Had a glass of wine, tired after work, CLICK-ClICK
BANG-BANG you get taken:(
I will say the counterfitters have gotten much better on AQ products lately. In the past it was very easy to spot a fake but they are getting much better & now alot also include packaging, which some look very close to the origional.

For HDMI cables, Vodka, Carbon & Chocolate are ones that there are plenty of fakes out there (lots on Ebay), & they do include packaging (which do look close to the origional, especially if you don't know what to look for). I find the fit & finish of the knock offs, still not up to the same standards.

I recently purchased a pair of King Cobra RCA's with packaging. When I compared them to my Diamondbacks that I purchased a couple years back I noticed some differences in the connectors. So I opened up the ends to compare. What I found is a cable that appears to be made of the correct parts but did not have the fit & finish of my older Diamondbacks. Things like insulation not cut as neatly, & end wasn't wraped as well (clear vs black). The bare conductors were long & sloppy, & also had a bunch of nicks out of them. The area of the center conductor covered with heat shrink was much less & abit lose (could move around).

I sent pics to Audioquest & they said it was a legit cable but I wasn't happy with the purchase, so I returned it. I purchased another set from my normal AQ supplier & of course opened it up as well. What I found was fit & finish that matched my Diamondbacks.

So now I'm not sure if the first set was legit or not (maybe a "second"). Have the counterfits got so good that even the manufacturers have trouble spotting some of them?