purchasing US made speakers

I currently have psb imagine t2 speakers. I am interested in replacing them with US manufactured speakers 10-12 k being the maximum price....perhaps aerial acoustics, vandersteen,,,,,any thoughts? My hearing at age 70 diminishes at 8,000 hz so a good midrange is probably good.
jacobsen1948
Post removed 
One of the things that declines as we get older is the ability to easily follow voices and instruments in the presence of a lot of reflections. If you have noticed increased difficulty in carrying on a conversation at a party where a lot of people are talking at once, that’s it. The same thing happens when listening to music: Too many reflections will reduce clarity and intelligibility.  What was a nice, rich, enveloping reverberant field of yesteryear is now tiring to try to listen through. 

Imo something that makes sense in this situation would be highly directional loudspeakers, such that the direct sound dominates over the reflections. I can get more specific if you’d like, but it starts to become self-serving because this is the sort of stuff I do.

Also, you may still be able to hear high frequencies, but the volume level just has to be louder than before. So don’t necessarily stop your search at 8 kHz! I do agree with you that your situation places a premium on treble and midrange quality south of 8 kHz.

Duke
audiokinesis2....no problem with live conversation...problem with voices I attribute to AT&T which my younger sister notices.