purchasing US made speakers

I currently have psb imagine t2 speakers. I am interested in replacing them with US manufactured speakers 10-12 k being the maximum price....perhaps aerial acoustics, vandersteen,,,,,any thoughts? My hearing at age 70 diminishes at 8,000 hz so a good midrange is probably good.
jacobsen1948

Showing 11 responses by jacobsen1948

audiokinesis.....While I listen to quite a bit of stereo music, the speakers would be used as a part of a multi channel system. The center channel is important. The room is  about 18' wide and 15' deep and is open to an eating area and kitchen. I sit about 11' from lt and rt speakers which are 30 inches from the front wall and about 8' apart. The back of the couch upon which I sit faces the open area to the eating area and kitchen The ceiling is 10' high. A wide sweet spot is not essential.
Has been fun looking around the internet and finding information about recommendations. I had quad 989s years ago and while the sound labs ....are I am sure great....they would not work well in my room. I am thinking about Salk, Aerial Acoustic 7t, and ....well you only live once....breaking the budget...Joseph Audio Perspective2.
glubson,  Indeed USA built speakers use drivers from other countries. I prefer to spend the money that I can to firms in this country, even if a bit more costlier....a bit...For instance my new hvac is a Carrier. The drivers are not the main expense in the cost of speakers. and I like supporting USA craftsmen.
audiokinesis2....no problem with live conversation...problem with voices I attribute to AT&T which my younger sister notices.