Is Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) sexist?

Believe our addictive hobby is primarily male dominated. The technical aspects seem to appeal more to men. Or is that in and of itself sexist. There are now a few knowledgeable and astute women reviewers. I am always intrigued by the comments off the few women who identify themselves by name on the Forum. One in particular is quite long winded. I'm sure this has nothing to do with her sex. Although he/she has a name which could be male or female. I always love it when my wife comes to look at the record sleeve of the vinyl playing and rely on her opinion of the fidelity. Not to mention desire and count on her approval of new purchases. But is she also addicted? I don't think so. Does that have anything to do with being a woman. I don't think so. Does she care about the fine nuances? She says not. I would love to hear from women and anyone on this. WAF? I care a lot what things look like. HAF?

mglik
The world may be a better place if someone shut down the Internet for a year.
But just think of all the fun and games you would miss right here Glupson!
You guys are all missing the point. Testpilot has burst my bubble. Bigfoot doesn’t exist? I had a docuseries with discovery channel to search for Bigfoot all set up, and now it’s gone. Someone had to be pretty bored to start this thread lol
Perhaps it was started to settle a discussion, or get new perspectives, between a couple.
"Change...same".... No kidding....

SAF, in the general sense of the use of it, has (imho...and observations....) has tended to refer to 'what the spouse will allow with the (existing furnishings style) in ones' shared habitat.  It tends to carry a negative connation, as to 'what will be acceptable, acoustics be damned'.

Ones' personal circumstances can and do vary as widely as...well, ones' situations and the choices made within it.  As for the acronym, we've moved into a era where 'W' has become, dare I say....obsolete.

The majority of relationships are not the typical nuclear family anymore.
WAF....is now a minority situation...

*L* The confilicts remain...but the 'players' have Changed. ;)

As for 'woke'.....I've regarded 'it' as the 'light bulb in ones' consciousness' has stuttered into brilliance....however vague and dim.

But it beats SNAFU....

Regards, J
I built my audio system in the basement. Thus I am able to deal with it anyway I want. I understand that my wife likes her things and I like mine.

To me, the break up of the nuclear family is the cause of much of the problems that exist today.
It is not empowering to try to raise children in a single parent home, it is very hard and sad.

ozzy