Average age of audiophiles

Hi everyone,
I'm curious about the average age of audiophiles. One of the owner of an audio store told me that he has a lot of customers in their mid 20s that buy really high end gear. Personnally, I would think the average age is above 40. I really can't confirm since I'm the I don't know anyody else crazy enough (or passionnate) to get a sound system as expensive as a car...

Also, how old were you when you started this hobby.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm 26 years old. I got interested in this hobby when I was around 17...

Thanks everyone...
lgregoir
Like a lot of you I had my first system while in high school-1971 at age 16. I also had the great fortune of running sound for a band in the late 70's. Talk about the ultimate stereo-it sounded like live musicians on stage. Oh yeah, it was.

I just finished a 2 1/2 year upgrade path that took me from a 9 year old system through home theater & back to 2 channel only. In putting together this latest combination I managed to put together a system for my boy who'll be 15 this year.

Now I'm getting into DIY. Never a dull moment around here.
Hmmm,
Allways loved the gear. Got into middle of the road gear around 12. First true high end sound when I was 18. stereo budget has exceeded car budget since. I'm now 35 and boat budget has begun to exceed audio.
(But I still drive that 91 Camry.....whats wrong??)

Actually, what are the definitions we are talking about here?

What is an audiophile?
Started in Grammar school buying 45s.i was 10.....I'm now 68.I don't  buy 45s but still buy lps,cds,cassettes, amps,speakers, TT ,carts,etc ...
I was still living at home with Mom and Dad. Started at seventeen and now at 67, this hobby still excites me.