Y No YG ?

Hi Everyone, 

It just occurred to me that I never see YG Acoustics mentioned. With exotic cabinets and driver manufacturing, I would think they'd be discussed as often as Wilson, B&W or Magico. 

Personally I haven't heard them, but I like their brochures! 

Best,

E
erik_squires
Not my experience, and cut paper is still paper (only cut ;)). Similar drivers on the Wilson models, not my cup of tee (and in an MDF box, no thanks). I am a recording artist; I need to hear what I am doing, not to beautify (mask) everything. Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree.
You don’t have to like paper drivers, or Scanspeak drivers, but calling a composite a paper driver does them a disservice. They are lightweight, strong, resonance free and low distortion, not to mention when properly used, very flat.

Again, personal taste is what this hobby is about, so I'll not attempt to insist like the sound. :)
Please don't put words in my mouth, I do not like  paper drivers. Composite can mean many things, CF sandwich cones, like the Magico cones, are also a composite.    
I’m not putting words into your mouth. I’m saying that the ScanSpeak Revelator mid-woofer cones are paper and resin composites, as opposed to simple paper. They deserve a little more than being called merely paper cone drivers.

You are still free not to like them. You are free to call them paper and I am free to point out that this undersells the construction and performance a great deal.