You know you are an Audiophile when:

You have a dedicated audio room.

Your listening chair is in the “Sweet Spot”.

You have sound treatment on your walls.

You spend hours properly placing and tweaking your speakers.

You understand that properly placed speakers will create a 3D sound stage (placing musicians and singers in localized positions… from  left to right… front to back) [Sound-stage]

Your stereo is worth more than your vehicle.

You know that higher end components do a better job of: being less fatiguing to listen to, creating the imaging (sound-stage), representing the instruments more accurately and with more detail, are more involving.

You are intimately aware of the performance and tonal quality of your system, and can describe the results of any changes in the system.

You are aware of how bad the sound is for the first 3 - 4 songs at any live music event.

98 % of the time… when someone cranks their stereo up and says “This sounds GREAT” you cringe. You could list all the ways and reasons why it sounds awful… but you don’t.

When listening to music… you spend a portion of time listening to and exploring the placement of the sounds in the sound stage, and the quality and detail of your system… with your eyes closed.

You become aware of how bad the sound is on some recordings.

You are painfully aware how awful sound systems are at bars and clubs.

You have increased the sound performance of your system through upgrades and tweaks... multiple times.

You are aware of sound reflections in your home, and live music events.

You continue to learn and try new things.

Out of curiosity… you try various things on your system… to see what, and if… there are any improvements… ie: cables, cords, isolation, dampening… etc.

128x128andera
....your family, relatives, and close friends are drilling the 'net, looking for an 'audiophile' version of AA....or some verison of 'encounter' that may not preclude violence or restraints.
(I do have 2 passwords to 2 'puters that refer to audio subject matter....and NO, no hints...)
....your pile of equipment, accessories, and general junk will likely take more time and effort to break down, pack, move, unpack, and set up in a new location in a new set of 'parameters' then all the combined other flotsam and jetsum of your entire household and the other 'stuff' of your 'normal' life....
(Your spouse just bought the new Dylan album, and you're Already determining the 'best speakers' and TT to play it on.....and that doesn't include what will encompass the digital download....)
...you take on 'out-of-state' work a 'portable version' of your equipment...and Yes, the speakers....(True to Life Confessions)...
...Nobody Anymore Wants to Even Consider Asking for Your Not-So-Humble 'opinion' on ANYTHING of an 'audio nature'.  They just want to go to Best Buy and spend 500$ on something to go with the flat screen....

We're all well beyond mere therapy..... ;)
Hey, fun link,
~~So, my then GF's first visit to my house, all the seat, couch cushions are stacked in corners and "first bounce" in sound room..a deliberate decision.."this is me." ..going on 26 years now.  
~~Mid 80's driving home on Maine Turnpike with the new active preamp, ticketed for 85mph..a genuine, "Thanks Officer, have a great day!"
~~Craigslist find of a $1,500 Danish small floorstanding loudspeaker perfect for my son's retro vinyl system...3 hour drive to Mass doing the deal in a shopping center parking lot at 10:30pm (after a nice warm chat with sellor)...a nice bonding experience with my son, btw.
~~Spotting some one owner JBL L7's for a steal on Craigs...too large for here, storing them for 6 years, flipping them for over twice the cost and buying a Focusrite new DAC with the proceeds.
~~Stacking 2 pairs of McIntosh XR5's and XR6's in late 70's.
~~My brick and mortar store owner removed the picture window in his living room to bring in large Altecs.
...the things we do for love!  More Peace, Pin
You have seven different pressings of a favorite LP and can explain, in detail, each version within a few moments of Dropping the cart.
When you think Stanley Kubrick's controversial film 'A Clockwork Orange' is primarily a movie about audio equipment.