JBL 4367 shoutiness remedies?

Hello all, I am a first time post-er, so pardon me if I am clumsy with this venue. 
I live in a small town on an island in SE Alaska, and do not have immediate access to anywhere locally that sells hifi equipment besides Walmart. So after reading complimentary reviews, I ordered from USA Tube Audio a pair of JBL 4367 speakers, ..a two way design  with a woofer and a horn. I have about 20 hours on the speakers, driving them with a Primare I35 Integrated Amplifier and a perceived higher end Primare CD player., and for an alternate music source, I use Music Choice from my cable box. I also have a 10 band graphic EQ to tailor the  sound to my liking. The issue I bought when I paid for the speakers is a  loudly blaring shoutiness in the range of frequencies of the human voice. It can be loud and overpowering even with EQ attenuating the frequencies between 500 and 4khz. I called the dealer who I bought them from for advice..he told me the amp and cd player are junk, ($6000 junk) and the only way to fix the shoutiness was to buy tube equipment.  On some recordings, the speakers sound wonderful, but on some, it makes me question whether or not they're worth keeping. The room in the apt I have them in is about 15x18 with low ceilings. Does anyone have any practical suggestions or ideas on how to remedy or at least partially correct this issue? Thank you for reading.
deckhand
Going from Cardas Twinlink to Purist Venustas speaker cables resulted a surprisingly large reduction in fatiguing high-frequency distortion. Cable swapping is relatively easy and may give you more insight.  
I have a pair of 4343's That I acquired a few months back. They had the same problem. Moving them further apart and way into the room alleviated the somewhat irritating glare that was present on some recordings. Toe in is very slight. Here is a great site that will help you tremendously.http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/ There's many knowledgeable JBL aficionados who love to assist on the site.
Greetings, The Perception from your brain thinking that you need 300 watts is something you may want to stay open-minded with.
Think of it like this some amps have complicated circuits and with a darker speaker may work okay. My take is your speakers are looking for a simpler less convoluted design. The older Primare conventional amp design was in my opinion very decent performer. When they decided to operate in class D the bass improvement was obvious but in my experience lost all the music in the rest of the spectrum. I wrote them many emails that fell on deaf ears. Rather than wasting money, jumping through hoops, start enjoying yourself my Solution and 10 bucks say put a 2K to 3K pair of Quicksilver Mono Blocks and Quicksilver preamp invert polarity and sail into the Music.
Best JohnnyRAudio Connection
I should have said this before but I want to mention congrats on purchasing and owning one of the best current production loudspeakers being made on the market today. I assure you, you did not make a mistake. The 4367 are extremely well engineered and behaving loudspeakers, with proper setup they will be as transparent as can be. I do think that you ears have a sensitivity to certain frequencies that previous speakers you may have owned were recessed in that specific area. Like I said, the 4367 are neutral, so that dip that most speakers have will not be present. As such, the sound may sound more forward, bright, and harsh. But what you're hearing is simply a more true to recording sound.

I own these speakers and I don't have any short term plans to get rid of them.
Just based my on experience with a different 4 x KT88 amp, I believe quicksilver monoblocks will likely not help. I wanted to enjoy the VAC but the woofers were badly controlled in comparison to the compression driver, no matter the tap used. The lower midrange and down was disconnected and HF were overbearing. It was an obvious problem even without comparison to another amplifier, which prompted me to a fairly affordable, safe-play Levinson amp. The ML fixed the issue, although I would love to try a high-power tube amp. There may be something I am missing as I never actually heard Quicksilver amps.