Cartridge Opinions - Sorry

Yeah, another dumb "what's your opinion on these cartridges" thread. Back in the late 80's we had dealers where you could listen to the stuff.

So anyhow I have a Linn LP12 with Ittok arm and a 30 year old Audioquest B200L cartridge. I'm running it through the phono stage of a Jeff Rowland Coherence One into a Spectral DMA90 through a set of Kef R300's.

I prefer a little more laid back sound (err on the side of forgiving instead of fatiguing) but I like a lot of upper end detail, precise soundstaging, air, etc.

So far I'm considering an Ortofon Quintet S Black, Hana SL or a Benz wood - something at or below the $1k level.

I'd love to hear any opinions, suggestions, and experiences with those cartridges or others in the price range. I could possibly go higher if there is something out there that really shines for less than $1,500.

Thanks.

klooker
I hooked up my Nad c588 with a Ofton Blue cart and Shitt Mani phono amp and let it Rip....killer Sound....
I just jumped into the MC world, went with this currently available Audio Technica

https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/cartridges/265f6b3dd520a226/index.html

tight channel balance .5db and separation 30db are the factors I believe made me like it better than my prior favorite winner Shure V15VxMR body with Jico SAS stlus/boron shaft.

Imaging is awesome
@atmasphere  : You have no idea what you are talking about and your statements are boarding stupidity land.

Again, after LP cartridge is the most important item in the analog rig.

R.

I tend to agree with Ralph on this issue. I have no direct experience with the Tri-Planar, but agree that people tend to underestimate the value of a fully adjustable tonearm and a well adjusted cartridge as opposed to spending mega-bucks on a cartridge. Note that Ralph's experience with a cutting lathe, and knowing exactly what sound was engraved on a subsequent record is invaluable, and is the kind of experience that few on the site can use as a reference, no matter how many mega-bucks they have to spend.I have never found any of the advice given by Ralph on this site to be in error, and the characterization of his advice by Raulruegras as stupid, is reprehensible.