Saw the Stereophile review of the B&W 800 Diamond

... an based on John Atkinson's comments on the measurements, it looks like they are a pretty similar speaker to the 802D.

Anyone done an A/B/A comparison?
goatwuss
I don't feel that the new 802diamond's tweeter is any better integrated than the older 802D. It was a little less forward. It is the best tweeter I have heard but it stands out to me too.
I had the B&W 802D and traded up to the latest 800 Diamond. If I were to rate them on a scale of 1-10 I would say the 802D would score a 6 and the 800 Diamonds a 9 .
The 800 Diamonds do a lot of things very very well. I can't say the same for the older 802D .
I think Gshepardbuster is right. I listened to the older 802D and the new Diamond version at length, same room, same electronics, same music same levels, and the differences at best were minimal. Even the salesperson thought they sounded almost identical. As far as the comparison between the 802D and the 800 Diamond, I would tend to think a 24k speaker system should be an improvement over a 14k loudspeaker. IMO.
Mr_m

Thanks for the information. It is sad to hear there was not much difference. I heard a difference in the two systems I demoed them in. But they were just that, different systems in different rooms.
The New BOSE 901 series 6 version 2's are also right up there with these B&W 800's for naturalness too ! The BEST bang for your buck speakers on the market today!