Which USB Re Clocker

I have been very happy with my Innuos Zenith Mk 2 for several years. The sound  is excellent and ripping is child's play. I have been interested in adding the Phoenix Re Clocker for a couple of years, but for various reasons, haven't been able to get a demo yet. One of the selling points of the Phoenix by Innuos, is that it can be used between any source and USB DAC.

Well it also means that any re clocker should work between an Innuos Server and DAC. The one drawback to me is that the Phoenix isn't cheap, at least as far as my budget in retirement is concerned. The Company claims that the Phoenix is more than a Re Clocker, with improved power supplies and other improvements. I don't suppose many of you guys have had the chance to compare the Phoenix with other units. Still any suggestions about other, cheaper Re Clocker units to consider? Particularly if you have had the chance to use it with an Innuos Server, but not much chance of that either. Still any advice is welcome, thanks.

david12
Audio-gd DI-20 is not a Reclocker but a DDC and it will improve the sound of your DAC a LOT.

I'm re-reading this thread and came across this post, which led me to researching the Audio-GD DI-20.  I didn't know Audio-GD made a product like this.  Based on initial review, I would say that this DI-20 could be much better than the stock Singxer SU-6.  It already has a built in linear power supply, uses the Amanero USB board, and has options for Accusilicon 90/98M clocks (which isn't that much more in cost).  I have direct experience using the Accusilicon clocks and they are abosutely excellent.  The double speed 90/98 clocks will likely be more accurate that standard 45/49 clocks.

The HE version looks to be much better with a much beefier power supply.  This one could be sleeper!
John Swenson of UpTone Audio wrote a white paper on this very subject , AustinPop a well respected member of AudioPhileStyle did a deep dive review of the Innuos Phoenix explains in detail exactly what this component is and does . 
Curious Robertdid and other arm chair technical wanna be’s can’t or won’t debate John Swenson and AustinPop both members of AudioPhileStyle .
John Darko’s interview with technical head of Innous also go into detail what exactly this component is and of course these technical wanna be’s are no where to be found in the comment section.

So these are three prime examples that have been around for a while easily found and commented on however I already know robertdid and others like him here will never do so.

And finally is it any coincidence none of these guys have actually listen to high end components like the Innuos Phoenix and Ideon’s Master Time and Absolute Time let alone try to understand what they actually are and do ....

Innuos PhoenixUSB no question!

No that Roberttdid (formerly posting under "atdavid" handle) is gone from Audiogon (again!), we can all resume to "original programming" LOL!!!
Fascinating read of this thread...
Not sure what I would like to do. Innuos Phonix or Denafrips Gaia?
The Phoenix would be connected via USB to my Zenith MKIII then to a D90 MQA DAC.
If I chose the Denafrips Gaia the connection would still be USB Zenith III/Gaia but from Gaia it would be I2s to the D90 MQA DAC.
Any thoughts anyone?

The Topping D90 has excellent USB implementation you don't need a reclocker in front of it. If you are trying to go I2S then use the one that changes it but I doubt you would hear a difference.