Are cables really worth their high price because of their geometry?

They’re some pricey cables that have claim to fame because of the high tech geometry used in their cables.
Many of these cables have patents on specific geometry patterns used in their cables and use this as a reason their cables sound so good. For that reason, many say the reason their cables cost so much is they’re so complex . The man hours to make a pr results in their high price. That maybe true for some cables, but I’ve seen very pricey cables using the same geometry reason that look like a thin piece of wire rapped in outer jacket no thicker than a pencil. So,Is all this geometry just another way to justify their cost or is it true science that we are paying in the end?
hiendmmoe
mapman
The problem there is if they are worth it then people would not be selling. But they are so apparently not.
Non-sequitor. People sell cables for all sorts of reasons. Maybe they've moved their system from the living room to a media room. Or maybe they moved into a new home altogether. Perhaps they've evolved from separates into more integrated components, or vice-versa. Perhaps their new components are balanced and need XLR connectors. Maybe the new preamp won't fit on the same shelf a s the old one, so new cables are needed. Or - although I realize the thought may offend you - they simply seek to upgrade a cable.

I imagine some take a beating Buying new then selling for a fraction of what is paid.
People imagine all sorts of things!
... regarding geometries please show where the relative merit or performance of different geometries is compared scientifically to establish the winners and losers ...
This is a hobbyist's group, so no one here is obligated to perform any research for you. Please feel free to conduct your own research and share the results with us.
Are all in the same ridiculous BS, spread by the industry.

I'm from the 70's audiophile gen,,,i never bought into all those high flown tech terms. ,.,,shielded, purity,,,OFC,, blah blah blahhhhh. Shielded from what? the air? how is the air going to add distortion,,My navships IC's has a  thin layer of coating , = and sound fantastic, as good/better than those super thick high tech high priced,  snakeoil IC's. 
Yes I do the same. Buy used mostly. The costs of the wires I’ve settled on for years now run from ~$60-$400 all used. I payed most for a longer run of speaker wires.
To each their own. If the wires are worth it to you that’s all that matters. I just see all the 4 digit cost wires for sale here cluttering up the site and get a little dismayed at The amount of nonsense that goes on.
Another cables thread..... :)

I am amazed by the way most people think they will solve the upgrading S.Q. problem...

Any upgrade is welcome the more costly the better, cables, amplifiers, dac, speakers, etc except the most important thing to take care of...

The most important factors to take care of are the acoustical, the electrical, and the mechanical embeddings...NO other one....Certainly not buying something because of frustration or unsatifaction by way of a solution... No new electronic design in dac and amplifier or even speakers, will  compensate for a bad or inexistant controls of these embeddings.... I know that firsthand....If you want to upgrade wait till these controls embeddings are rightfully implemented...Money dont necessarily buy Hi-FI, this is a costly myth....Listening experiments  will give you  Hi-Fi.... 

Nobody will acuse me of repeating myself now, with all these tedious discussions about cables differences....MIssing the essential audio problem and taking for target a secondary one....

i must repeat myself for the benefit of newcomers.... Newcomers dont buy anything, think and experiment with what you have first.....

My best to all.....

P.S. yes cables sound different, but are mostly overvalued in all ways....The upgrading of the embeddings may cost peanuts for those who try....Newcomers be warned....
Madman, there are less high end cables for sale then there are high end amps, speakers, etc. I just looked at Audiogon for each category and searched by price starting at high to low, so your statement is not correct. People change components, and different cables work better in different systems, so they get swapped out.