What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall
Worked 37 years as a social worker in substance abuse treatment, geriatrics and developmental disabilities.  Lost the divorce and the house, put one kid through college (the other wasn’t interested), benefitted from mother’s will (would give all the money back and more just to have her back), and I’m retired 6 years now and doing fine.  After most recent breakup with girlfriend, I decided to indulge myself and replace 30+ year old stereo with better quality stuff.  This hobby grows on you.
Former web designer/graphic artist - college degree in Australia
Also built loudspeakers, cables at a boutique speaker manufacturer reasonably famous in Australia - unknown in USA.

Currently working in the Permian Basin oilfield in Texas as an automation programmer and technician, with a college degree in electronics technology and instrumentation.